I have my DKPROG and hooked it up to my drivekey. When I open the DKPROG 1.3 nothing happens. I have tried the driveykey hooked up to the dvd drive with jumpers 2 on and 134 off. I have also tried it with the drivekey off the dvd drive with the jumpers 1 on and 234 off still nothing happens. Has anyone ever updated the drivekey from 1.0 to 2.0 with the DKPROG? All i get is a red light that comes on mine.
Go back to web site and you will see update to 1.4 plus other stuff Also read the read me in with update.
csheldonsmom in drivekey screen (eject) is your fpga ver 0.0 or 2.0?
Here the full flash procedure:
How to update your drivekey
Stuff needed PC, Jtag programmer with its cable, the drivekey with it is cable and it own serial and files from drivekey download site.
1. Force the JTAG in its update mode: All the switches should be ON, meaning upp.
2. Start DKprog_1.3.exe
3. Connect the USB and the JTAG to the USB, red LED should light.
4. File open and under file type choose programmer update
5. Menu Programmer and update
6. The red LED should be off now and under test you can turn on and off the blue LED
7. File open, choose type SPI flash
8. Update SPI Flash and wait as this might take couple of minutes
9. Shut down the Dkprog_1.3 and change the Switch 1,3,4 to OFF and keep 2 ON
10. if Drivekey is connect to Wii it is fine but remove the Wii power cabel.
11. connect the Drivekey to the Jtag and connect to PC
12. Start Dkprog again and you can check under Flash for the drivekey serial to see if it is the same as the one you downloaded for, if not then the update will not work, you take the serial you got from dkprog and enter it on the site for downloading the correct format for the specific drivekey
13. File and choose filetype drivekey update
14. Depending on 125 or 250 chip on your drivekey, then you choose the correct one and open it.
15. Update FPGA Code and just wait and this might take some time but you will see when it is done.
16 Shutdown the software, disconnect the Jtag and Drivekey and put it back in Wii or power Wii on and enjoy gaming.
For updating other drivekey, do step 10-16
Remember that step 12 is very important.
Thanks for the details,
But in fact I'm not able to program both the Flash and the FPGA, the Flash always answer FF and the Serial or chip codes are both FFFFFFF too. I do the test the Drivekey, in and out of the Wii.
whatever happened to being able to update by disc? is it possible??
not for the current updates, they're JTAG only which sucks...