I spent some time on MAME for PC and also MAME Wii 1.0
I too found that many ROMs included in http://toadking.com/wiimame-0.4.txt actually don't work
Just a couple of comments/ questions:
1) Some games.zip put into the ROM folder don't even show-up in the game selection home screen. Some report "missing CHD...."; In both cases it means they are incompatible (so I have been told), but what's the difference?
2) In case of "missing CHD...." if I try a 'clone' game, chances are it will work?
3) About 0.6 vs. 1.0, anybody with a good list of ROMs working on 0.6 and NOT working on 1.0? (No one in my 'subset' does)
4) I found that some 'stack overflow/ dump' issues in my case were caused by the Channel forwarder! Starting from HBC fixed some
5) Do missile, qix, invaders, sf work?
.CHD files in MAME are quivalent to the hard drives or CD/DVD drives installed in cabinets to provide data to the game that aren't hard-stored in chips. Those ROM files would exist in the .zip files, but usually not the .chd files, as they are stored as a separate file, usually in its own subdirectory of "roms".
If it's missing, then the only fix is to aquire the .chd file and install it.
Other than that, I've never used this specific MAME, so I don't know enough about your system-specific questions.
Originally Posted by llaffer
i have trouble running Final Fight with this chd error, please help
They know about it, they are working on it.[emoji6]
Originally Posted by criswiihack
Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk