hjsplit - split or join files
Freeware file-splitter and joiner for Windows 7, XP, Vista, 200x, NT, 9x, ME, all current 64 bit editions of Windows and Linux/Wine.
Download hjsplit 2.4 - here
Source - HERE
- This app is used for joining file extentions that look like this - .001, .002, .003, .004, etc.....
- Make sure all the files to be joined are in the same folder.
- Run hjsplit, click on the Join tab
- Search for your folder, open the folder, and select the 001 file, the rest of the files will automatically be recognized.
- Start the joining process.
- Easy to use, and you probably could have done it without my instructions.
HJSplit is a popular set of freeware file-splitting programs created by Freebyte.com in collaboration with various programmers. HJSplit supports many platforms (Windows XP, Vista, NT, 2000, 3.x, 95/98/ME, DOS, Amiga, Java, etc.). All versions are compatible with each other and allow you to exchange files between these different platforms. E.g. a file split on the Amiga can be joined on Windows 2000 and vice versa.
Now what's the use of a program like HJSplit? Think of a file of 20 Mb, and try to send this to a friend. Using email this does not succeed, it is simply too large, and how to put it onto a floppy? HJSplit will enable you to split the large file into smaller chunks, which can be much more easily sent and stored.
What about a backup of very large Gigabyte sized files? HJSplit (Windows and Java version) also can handle these! E.g. HJSplit allows you to split a 10 Gb file into 640 Mb parts, which can then be stored onto CD-Rom's by your CD-writer software.
Of course HJSplit can join these split parts back together again, so that the original file is restored. Alternatively, you can use HJJoin for this, which is a tiny and specialized program for joining files.
HJSplit is very reliable, simple, small and easy to use. It does not need any installation or complicated DLLs, it just consists of one '.exe' file. This means that you can also run it directly from a floppy or CD-Rom.