wit 1.17a r1834 Changelog
wit v1.17a r1834 - 2010-10-05
- The WIA file format was completely redesigned. WIA supports now 5
compression methods: NONE, PURGE, BZIP2, LZMA and LZMA2.
- New extended syntax of option --compression: method.level@factor
'method' is the name (NONE, LZMA, ...) or index of the method. '.level' is
a point followed by one digit. It defines the compression level. The
special value '0' means: Use default compression level. '@factor' is a
factor for the chunk size. With the default factor '1' the chunk size is
2 MiB (size of 1 Wii sector group). All three fields are optional.
- I declare the WIA file format stable and hope that converting to and from
WIA is free of bugs. The best for users is to convert to WIA and back and
compare the result with the original source.
- New command: WIT COMPR: Prints a list with supported compression methods.
With parameters the normalized names of that parameters are printed.
WIT COMPR accepts the options --long (twice) --no-header and --sections.
- The new tool 'wdf' should replace the tools wdf-cat, wdf-dump and should
compensate the old tools wdf2iso and iso2wdf as general wdf converters.
See built in help for details. The tool 'wdf' is EXPERIMENTAL!
- Support of GameCube multiboot discs. (EXPERIMENTAL!)
- New options --align-part: Align partitions while moving or creating them.
- New options --disc-size: Define a minimal disc size.
- Command "wit SCRUB" renamed to "wit CONVERT". "wit SCRUB" is still allowed.
- From now the first 0x50000 bytes of Wii discs will be scanned for non zero
data. Such data is included into the copy operations. The old and standard
scrubbing algorithm ignore such sectors in the range 0x08000..0x3ffff.
- WBFS files with more than 1 disc are not longer detected as ISO images.
- CYGWIN: Improved support of windows style pathes ('X:\path\file').
- Bug fix: While composing the FST size (var 'max_fst_size4' in 'boot.bin')
wasn't updated. If you compose an ISO and the resulting FST is bigger than
the original, the Wii apploader failed.
- Bug fix: Creation of a WIA file failed if option --psel is set and at least
one partition was removed (scrubbed). The result was an invalid disc image.
- Bug fix: "wit MOVE" didn't create the directory path even if --DEST is set.
- Bug fix for "wit move": wit move have forgotten to move the continuation
files of splitted images.
- Bug fix: Non Wii ISO images are not listed any more if the source is a
directory. This old behavior of wit was lost some releases ago.
- wit COPY --raw: Copying an image in raw mode to a WBFS file is buggy.
- There are new problems while reading from non seekable sources (e.g. pipes).
The reason is the complete new and more intelligent wiidisc lib which makes
more lookups. I have to insert some code especially for pipes. My plans
that copying multiple partition discs works too.
==> The best is to use a version 1.01c for pipes.
- No bzip2 (WIA) support for MAC/x86_64. (bug in the bzip2 library)
- wit commands FILES + EXTRACT + EDIT => see built in help
- Option --show => see built in help
- Tool wdf => see built in help