USB Firm Loader- Load custom firmware on your jailbroken PS3
Created by: JaicraB
File Size: 0.24Mb
Homebrew coder JaicraB has updated his USB Firm Loader, a homebrew program that lets you load custom firmware on your jailbroken PS3.
This program allows to simulate the dev_flash from USB. Allowing a Custom Firmware. We may modify the files of our new dev_flash (USB) as we please, without running the risk of throwing away the PS3.
It is a beta version, probably find bugs. I will continue working on it when time permits me. Remember that suffers no risk to the console. All that is changed the new dev_flash'll be doing really USB.
Syscall PEEK and POKE.
1. Copy the "FTP server" the entire contents of the / dev_flash the USB (the root).
2. Copy the JaiC_USB_FIRM_LOADER.pkg also the root of the USB.
3. Install the package.
1. Insert the USB into the PS3.
2. Run USB LOADER FIRM. After a few seconds will return to the XMB. The new firmare is loaded.
You will see that whatever you do the USB will be launched. Ideal for amending RCO, exchange modules, as you imagine.
Do not update while in Live Firmware Mode. It will reboot, setting the original dev_flash back, and then it will update! Do not update from USB FIRMWARE LOADER!"
* Code optimization.
* Fixed USB port allocation.
* Fixed black screen.
* Only have a USB MASS STORAGE USB connected to load FIRM LOADER.
* UPDATE NO FIRM while in USB mode LOADER.