Possibly a brick, need help (4.2, softmod, PAL)
perhaps someone could help me with my problem.
I've softmoded a virgin PAL 4.2 Wii (black) and everything went smooth.
This is what I did:
- installed Bootmii as IOS;
- made a NAND backup;
- uninstalled ios249 and installed cios38rev14;
- installed ios202, ios222, ios223 and ios70;
- installed priiloader and enabled some standard hacks (no update, no health screen..);
After that I went on and installed some wads and HB apps (N64 VCs, emulator forwarders, Triiforce, WinampRadio...) but it was all standard and PAL stuff.
I've also installed forwarder for the USBloader GX and started using wbfs games from my USB FAT32 HDD. I've noticed that when running games from USB HDD my Wii sometimes crashes. But that happened only rarely and I was able to run the same game after reset.
Of course I've only played PAL games and never did any updates. All was well until I got Mario Kart Wii. Since my Wii Game Manager crashed everytime I wanted to convert Mario Kart Wii ISO to wbsf (tried different downloads, all failed), I found a Mario Kart wbfs download and went for it.
Put it on my disk, ran it and it worked. I played the game, unlocked some stuff and turned off the Wii. Next time everything was fine untill I tried to run Mario Kart Wii again. I went to USB loader GX, clicked on Mario Kart Wii....and BAM! Black screen of nothingness.
Now when I turn on my Wii, there is no video or audio output and wiimotes won't sync (I can still boot up the console with a wiimote but that's about it).
This is what I've tried:
- reset, wait, turn off, wait, unplug, wait;
- booting without SD and HDD;
- using different cables and wiimotes;
- holding reset when booting (does NOT go into Priiloader);
- using a GC joypad on port 4 and holding all directions (probably didn't do it right);
So this looks like a brick, right? Can I do anything with my NAND backup? Or in the worst case scenario, what would happen if I took my Wii back to the store, since it's still under warranty?
Any kind of help or advice would be greatly appreciated!