AnyRegion JPN > US
Here's what I have:
- JPN Wii running official Nintendo v3.2 update
- Wiikey modchip flashed with 1.9g
- Backups successfully running
- Homebrew channel installed
I'm pretty bored of having to try and work out the Japanese text on the console and I noticed that there's an app named AnyRegion which allows you to effectively change the region of your console permanently (unless you run the program again to change it to something else of course).
So, I'm thinking of changing from JPN to US, but would like to know what the official steps are with a modchip in the equation, specifically the Wiikey. Here's what I thought I'd have to do in the following order:
- Flash the Wiikey with 1.9s US (previously I'd used the 1.9 JPN disk)
- Run the Wiikey configuration disk and disable region overrides
- Run AnyRegion from the homebrew channel and change everything to US settings (area, NTSC etc)
- Maintain the existing 3.2U
Is this the correct sequence and am I missing anything else? Has anybody upgraded from JPN > US or JPN > UK successfully.
Any advice appreciated.
Yes, you have everything covered. One thing I beleive you will need to do is the WiiKey config disc to set the modchip region to US also.
Originally Posted by jbloggs
Thanks for the confirmation. Do you know what the overall settings should be changed within AnyRegion to make it fully US? I've not actually run the utility as yet, so just looking for additional guidance. Most of it looks self-explanatory, but what about things like the country code?
Also, I heard some time ago that there were some 'issues' with Wiikey 1.9s, so should I update or stick with 1.9g?
I haven't used AnyRegion changer myself but I have read that you basically need to change any setting related to country and region. I have not read about any issues to 1.9s I have actually been recommending people to upgrade to that if they find that certain disc will not work.
Have you been successful at it?