I have homebrew channel but no wii chip. If I go to update will all my Illegal saves be deleted. I wanted to try MegaMan 9 so I installed it. Would my Wii brick or would the game be lost.
Is my Wii considered Modded due to the homebrew channel.
Wow man just wow, homebrew is not a MOD it is a software expolit/ HACK. Update I did and nothing happened k?
I knew it. Ok thanks my friend is confusing me with this crap again.
Originally Posted by Wiiwouldliketohack
The message scared me a little. I almost believed him.
The biggest danger if it is there is no more .wad installing. I haven't tried it and if so oh well another exploit will be discovered.
I will read around before I install some new wads =D
But, I do not pirate Nintendo only DS.
If you don't pirate at all, then you shouldn't be getting DS games at all either lol. I don't really care about .wads man I got me some .roms :D
Meh, don't update, you will lose almost all homebrew functionality (no wads, no dumping, no more installs). If you update and have the homebrew channel, you can still use it, but you can't do nothing no more except load apps.
Hmmmmm I updated on accident because my sister was on my Wii, and without thinking I let it be done. I haven't tryed to confirm the no more .wad thing but idk
Info on the new update:
Updated all IOSes, and IOS51
Released: 23rd October 2008
* This blocks new installations of anything fakesigned, that is, Homebrew Channel (both new installs and updates), wads (legal and illegal), Starfall, cIOS, anything that installs IOSes secretly like AnyRegion Changer or AnyTitle Deleter, xyzzy and DVDX (used for apps which have DVD support). This list is not exhaustive, but please add to it if you think of anything else.
* This also blocks access to /dev/flash. This means raw nand dumping utilities no longer work.
* If something is already installed then it isn't affected, like Homebrew Channel, etc.
* The homebrew developers are already planning how to work around this update.
* You currently need this update to access the Wii Shop Channel.
* If you already have the Homebrew Channel and DVDX, and aren't planning to install anything big that will affect your Wii, then you are most likely unaffected. Normal everyday apps such as Homebrew Browser are completely unaffected as long as you already have the Homebrew Channel.
* It updates all IOSes with the fakesigning bug, and adds IOS51.
Damn, if you updated. You can hardly use homebrew now, meaning YOUR NOT MASTER ANYMORE CAUSE YOU CAN'T EVEN USE IT! MWAHAHAHAH!!!!
Just because I can't use it all on my Wii doesn't mean I still don't know about it. Also I can just borrow someone elses Wii to test new Homebrew app. So I don't see what your point is?