WODE - IOS installation guide - The Gecko way
Some games require that IOS be installed for those games to work. Most of the time the IOS will be contained in an official NINTENDO update. However not everyone wishes to update the firmware of their Wii. This guide is for those who do not wish to do so. This guide is for those who are willing to or have installed both HBC and Gecko.
To install the IOS only you need to have HBC and Gecko and a FULL backup (ISO or .wbfs including the update partition)
1. I am assuming you have the HomeBrew Channel Installed and Gecko on your SD Card Already. If not then use this tutorial: TUTORIAL: Install GeckoOS
2. WODE Settings - Game Patching:
Region Patch: OFF
AutoBoot: OFF (No longer present for firmware update 2.00 and higher)
3. Select the game on the LCD
4. Wait until you see the Update appear in the Wii channel
5. Start the HBC
6. Start Gecko
7. Launch Game
8. Gecko will state it needs an IOS to be installed and ask if you want to install it. Answer YES (Press "A" )
Note: All IOS to the best of my knowledge are not region dependant.
9. The game might start after the installation. Quit the game back to the Wii Main Menu if it does and eject the game.
The IOS will install.
10. Change your WODE Settings again.
11. WODE Settings - Game Patching:
Region Patch: ON
12. Select the Game
13. Start the Game via the Disc Channel
This is a guide that Zephyer put together all I did was some basic edititing. All credit to him all errors and omissions are mine alone. Aether reminded me about the importance of the Update partition in this whole process. So guess you could say it was a WODEteam effort. :008: