OK i know these may seem to be noobie questions but since we're on the topic i would really appreciate some input on the downgrade issue.
1. Do I have to downgrade to 4.1 to play the NTSC version of Galaxy 2 on a hard modded wii?
2. I have been away from the scene for a year. After reading up mauifrog's guide should i install all the wads that he tells me to install? how do i tell which IOS's i need.
Again your help would be very much appreciated.
OK guys I successfully downgraded and got this game to work. Thank you all.
My Wii curently is 4.2U
- Already installed IOS70patched
- Placed "Hacks.ini" in root already edited
- Copied "Priiloader_v0_3b" in SD\apps
- Installed IOS56-64-v5405
- Block disc update = Enable
- Autoboot = system menu
- Return = system menu
- use system menu ios = off
- ios to use for SM- = 249
I get to see SMG2 screen but upon entering I get a blue screen with ERROR #002. Any idea what could be wrong? Already checked the "Fixing 002 Error and Black Screens for Hardmods", but it says it's for 3.1 - 4.1 systems... Checked a topic and some advised to update to 4.2 because probably the cause was it was missing IOS38, 53 and 55, but I already am in 4.2
Also, upon entering "Wii system settings" either I get a black screen, or manage to see it but it freezes after a while. Still hear the music, though...
From my own negative experience with this setting I'd say change 'use system menu IOS' to ON. Turning it off and selecting an IOS manually always gave me issues. There was a time I couldn't even run original discs from the disc channel because of that setting.
The download on the 002 fix post will work for 4.2 softmodded systems, you just need to load the application (DOP-Mii) manually in HBC. From there the steps are the same.
As for your 002 on a softmod, have you turned on 002 fix in your loader?
Well, basically I did it because when I tried to run Priiloader by pressing + it gave me an error about tickets and troyabug or something, I had to press B and + in order to run it from 249. So it should go like this?
- use system menu ios = on
- Force disc games to run under IOS249 = disabled
EDIT: After changing this it worked! Thanks
By any chance do you know if the "Wii settings" black/freeze screen is realated to this?