- What ISO did you use to play the game. Is it US region? I would try to get a different copy of the game. Burn using imgburn, 2X speed, Verbatum media, -R type only (no rewritables, no + media, sams club has a nice 100 pack of verbatum -R for $34).
- Are you positive you are on 3.0 firmware for the wasabi-dx. It doesn't ship with 3.0, you had to update it.
- What system menu are you running. The system menu really doesn't matter but if you are running 4.2 U you most likely have the right IOS 56.
- Did you ever get new super mario brothers to work? It requires the same IOS.
- user joey2talk2 stated that it needs IOS56-64-v5405. You can use Dop-mii to put it there, but you need your wii to be softmodded and need neogamma to load it.
Try to get a new copy of the game, confirm firmware before trying anything else.
THIS IS FOR WASABI DX USERS ONLY!!!!
You could possibly update through the disk and it will load what IOS that you need, but keep in mind it will update you to 4.2U and then any out of region games will no longer play!!! When the Wii loads you will have to press reset 3 times and shut off the backup block. Also wouldn't hurt to confirm you are on firmware 3.0 on that screen. Otherwise softmod and there are some great guides here for what systems software you have. The other option you have is to update through the NSMB disk, which will put you to 4.1 and then you can still play out of region games.