I also have a newer Wii with a d3-2 optical drive. As far as I know, you can not play anything but a Wii Game disc with the new d3-2 drives. You can not play a game backup disc or a dvd movie.
There is currently no hardware or software mod's that will allow you to do this. If you really want to do this then the only option is to replace your drive with an older one.
thx for reply
I didnt know that i can play dvd movies iso's - thats better beacouse i dont have to burn dvd's
Thanks a lot ;)
(1). Does the latest version of the WiiMc support 720p or 1080p videos by any chance? On the Wiki it says it does, but then on other places people are saying that the Wii processor itself only supports 480p maximum?
(2). Does anyone have a guide as to how one can install WiiMc, and then play movies from a USB external hard drive?
Thank you for the help and apologies for my rather noob questions :)
For example, will the WiiMC play the following file (from the USB external hard drive):
Video : 1280x534 23.976 fps 5210 Kbps
Audio : English DTS 48.0 KHz 6ch 1536 Kbps
File size : 7.91 GB
Duration : 2h 48mn
Subtitles : Eng, Fin, Nor, Por, Spa (inside mkv), Greek (srt seperate)
IMDb : Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007)
IMDb Rating : 7.0/10 113,756 votes
I have made a Independent Channel of:
Wiimc Ver 1.0.3 :: Download Here
-- This Channel will work with out the wiimc folder on the sd/usb
-- The Channel has been tested on my 4.1U wii and works great
-- You do need a SD/USB HDD hooked up or inserted when lauching the app or it will kick back to the wii menu (it needs somewhere to save settings file to)
-- Install the included .wad via WADManger and Enjoy
-- Audio for Channel = THX Intro Sound
I was having problems with the official channel installer rebooting my wii but not with your independent channel here. Thanks for the effort it's working perfectly!
Originally Posted by emuhack
1.04 Release today.....
1.0.4 - June 3, 2010
* Subtitle color/size adjustment
* Added checkmark next to viewed files
* Added sleep timer
* Improved device mounting
* Improved stability
* Fixed artifacts issue with online media files (VP6 codec)
* Synced to MPlayer r31303
* Added option to auto-play next video
* Add GIF image viewing
* More codepages added
* Thumbnail support for online media (Navi-X)
* Hide folders beginning with '.' and '$'
* Added screensaver
* Add ability to view PNG's over 1024x1024
* Added theme color options
* Add more seek time options
* Language updates
Wiimc is awesome
I installed 202, and what a difference in speed!
Thank you very much for such a great program WiiMC. I've used it for a few weeks now and it's been a great experience.
I've just got a few problems if I could ask some help on them:
1) Sometimes in the mid of watching something the player fails to access the video I'm watching. I've got an WD Passport 230GB, split between a NTFS (for videos and such) and a Wii Partion for Wii ISO's.
WiiMC then asks to retry or cancel, but on retry exits the video and returns to the WiiMC menu.
2) Some videos can fast forward, rewind and skip ahead with the bar. Others cant?
3) And lastly I've experienced some problems with the MKV file format. It plays but video and audio doesn't sync up correctly.
Am I just missing something by chance?
Thank you very much for your help in advance!
I've been using this app and it's ace, but one thing i'm having a prob with is with dvds ( discs ) and iso files on smb
I can't navigate the menus, then i'm getting some sound effects, and no speech with subtitles displayed
I've installed 202,
any help will be appriciated