4.0E Hacks.ini on wiibrew has spelling error!
Hi,I recently helped a friend softmod his hardmodded wii which is on system menu 4.0E.
After installing priiloader a syntac error cant find hacks.ini on nand kept appearing.We tried all the usual remedies like making sure hacks.ini was on the root of the sd card,and that it wasn't named hacks.ini.ini.
but nothing seemed to work.So after an hour or so we decided to delete the hacks.ini from the sd card and go back to wiibrew and re-edit the hacks.ini.Once the hacks.ini was copied to notepad,we noticed that on line 9 where it says [block disc updates] block was spelled "blcok".So we corrected the spelling and saved the file then put it back on the root of the sd card.After launching priiloader in the normal way,
we went back to system menu hacks and hey presto,problem solved.
The reason i'm writing this is because i've noticed a couple of threads lately regarding the hacks.ini problem and was wondering if the moderators could make this thread a sticky or contact wiibrew and let them know about the spelling error so they can correct it. It would be very frustrating for a newbie or anyone who encountered this problem.