I downloaded Zelda and burn it with Imgburn and Lite-on dvd burner on Sony -R disc @ X2. After burning, during verify disc session reported track reading errors.
However, I put the disc in the Wii and it reads. I got the menu screen of Zelda, but when I push start, Wii is freezing...
1. Would that mean that my 2pro is working?
2. Would that mean that .iso is bad, or my burner is not good, or imgburn 188.8.131.52 is not good, or DVD Sony -R discs are not good/compatible?
Thanks... I think i get closer to the solution!!!
i burned now a dvd+rw successfuly (no errors) @4x with zelda, i can get the main screen but when i push the start button, it's freezing again...
so, does somebody know where the issue is?
It could be a number of things:
- Media is bad, normally DVD-R (Verbatim, Sony, TDK and some others) burned using ImgBurn at 4x speed has shown higher success rate.
- Do you have other backups that work? iso itself may be bad, does it work on someone elses modded wii?
- If no backup work then it could be modchip issue
- it could be Burner issue
So depending on anserws to this we could narrow it down.
I burned another backup on a VB @ 4x and it works. Either zelda is bad or is NTSC version. It seems 4x is a good burning speed.
I burned on +RW the HB channel install and it works as well.
However, from time to time, the backup disk makes noise while it is accessed.
Can I run my backups directly from USB HDD?
Thanks - so, would that mean that even with a modded wii we are not able to hook up a hdd over usb, right?
So with this, no soldering is required? I dont trust myself otherwise :confused:
Yes, I had to solder mine.....never worked for me, sold it for much less than I bought it for and bought a pre-chipped drive with a wii-key for about £90, haven't had any trouble since and plays all the latest games no worries.
Might be worth getting though. What is the wii key?
Sorry for being such a noob
The Wiikey came out before D2Pro9 and has had lots of updates to 1.9s now and is considered one of the most stable modchips, Wiikey 2 is even better :)