Guide: New Super Mario Bros (NSMB) not working on your wode? !UPDATED!
More then a few people have been having problems with New Super Mario Bros on their wodes.
Until they're able to fix this, here's a way around it so you can play your backup.
Old Method when Softmoded
We will be using NeoGamma, CIOSrev14 and the included WIP Patches from davepm's guide at http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/28...ario-bros.html
1) Get your SD Card out, and plugged into your pc.
2) Go to NeoGamma R8 beta test - GBAtemp.net and download the latest NeoGamm (Beta 17 as of this writing).
3) Download and open the archive
4) Place the NeoGamma folder from the archive into SD Card:\apps\ so once this is done it should look like below.
5) Create a new folder on the root of the SD Card called NeoGamma (Do not confuse this with the NeoGamma folder in apps).
6) Copy the 3 included .wip files from the archive into SD:\NeoGamma
7) Start the Wii with your SD card inserted, and go into the Home Brew Channel.
8) Load NeoGamma
9) In NeoGamma arrow down to "Config Options", and match your settings as follows by using the left/right arrows on the d-pad and up/down.
Hook Type: None
Ocarina On: No
Altern. .dol: No
Search Patches: Yes
Storage Device: SD
Save Config: Yes
10) Click "Return to Menu"
11) Load your dvd backup with the wode in flat mode or select the ISO from your HDD and load it.
12) In NeoGamma, select Launch Game on DVD.
How your SD Card should look when adding files from above steps.
| | |- meta.xml
| | |- icon.png
| | \- boot.dol
| |- SMNP.wip
| |- SMNJ.wip
| |- SMNE.wip
Please note, you may have many other files on your SD card as well, the above is simply to show the files you *must* have on your card to do this, and their respective locations.
1) MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (dright iso patcher)
2) Extract and run the patcher
3) Click on the window and select your NSMB iso, let it patch.
4) Copy ISO back to your SD/Thumb Drive/External/Whatever your using.
Just did this, played for 30 minutes w/o issue.
If you liked this mini-guide, please thank me!