Installing the iPlayer WAD on Wii 4.2U

Printable View

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Try to load it via the latest Gecko OS (v1.9.3), go to config, force video mode PAL, then save settings, then go to Load Channel, and load the iPlayer.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondGeezer View Post
Tried both Wads on my NTSC Wii but I'm getting Error 1020:(

Strange.. the fake ticket one should install fine. Try redownloading it from my link I posted earlier, and install that one. It's named:
BBC iPlayer (RF) {Fake Ticket}.wad
  • 01-25-2010, 08:15 AM
    lemoncup
    Thanks so much for the info, the BBC iPlayer (RF) [HCJP01] {Fake Ticket}.wad worked for me, it is playing now :D:D:D So pleased I came across this.

I used wad manager to it installed no problem, the other wad didn't work (error 1022 I think). My version is 3.4E if any use to others.
  • 01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
    stu40
    Big thanks to da_letter_a for his postings here and in the previous forum.
    My problem was that when I tried to run the Shopping Channel nothing would happen just a blank screen.
    The only reason I wanted this was to get the iPlayer.
    Tried installing numerous iplayer wad files and all of them were giving me the -1020 error that many others seem to be getting.
    Downloaded the wad that da_letter posted in the previos forum (BBC iPlayer (RF) {Fake Ticket}.wad ) ran this and Hey Presto !!!
    iPlayer now working great - I'm listening to Kermodes film review right now.
    Thanks again this problem had annoyed me for ages.

btw I have vers 4.1E UK
  • 01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
    pags
    I have a hacked 4.2U NTSC Wii in the UK and I have been able to get numerous iPlayer wads to install fine. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to do anything except black screen on starting the channel. I have forced both Pal 50 and 60 using Gecko and started the channel both direct from it and the system menu following a reboot but it makes no difference at all.

Any suggestions?
  • 02-02-2010, 12:24 PM
    dave010567
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pags View Post
    I have a hacked 4.2U NTSC Wii in the UK and I have been able to get numerous iPlayer wads to install fine. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to do anything except black screen on starting the channel. I have forced both Pal 50 and 60 using Gecko and started the channel both direct from it and the system menu following a reboot but it makes no difference at all.

Any suggestions?

I have a 4.1U NTSC Wii in the UK & just installed the patched wad & had the same problem as you. I then tried changing the video output to pal using anyregion changer & it works fine.

Dave
  • 02-04-2010, 07:01 PM
    Davis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pags View Post

Any suggestions?

I'm getting the same result as you are. :(
  • Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast