How to Fix Display problems with Virtual Console games
If you are experiencing display issues (dim, blank or half-blank screen, ghosted image, etc.) with a Virtual Console game while using the Component Video Cable, please read the following:
Some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HD TV's are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. Try the steps below to set the Wii to output 480 lines of video, which may solve the problem:
1. While on the Wii Channel Menu (main screen of the Wii), connect a Nunchuk to Wii Remote.
2. Select the Virtual Console game from the Wii menu, then select "Start" to begin the game.
3. When the game starts, press the Home button on the Wii Remote. (In many games, the music can be heard when the game starts.)
4. Select "Operations Manual" from the Home menu.
5. Press the Z + A + 2 Button simultaneously (the Z Button is on the Nunchuk). A sound will be heard if the button combination has been entered correctly.
6. Close the Home menu. The game should now display correctly. Note: You will not have to do this the next time you play, as the Wii console will remember these settings. This Worked for me, so I thought I would share this for anyone else who may be having this same problem!!