:cool: Pretty cool pile of bits ya got here lol.
I work at a helpdesk full of techies who are underpaid and over electronified (that really is a word I promised). I guess I should have said technically curious as well. Anyways. I love the built in help most of the sr. staff puts into their signatures. Has helped me greatly. I did the bannerbomb softmod yesterday. I already had 4.2U and have no trouble. I'm still using my Modded XBox v1.6 with XMBC and the Xecutor light (maybe that was 1.6 and the box was rev 6...anyways). I quickly decided that software is nice and all, but overly involved, constantly changing, and potentially too risky when compared to a mod chip. SO I quickly decided on getting a modchip. No need to solder and cheap...it wasn't much of a decision. I've submitted my serial number. turns out I've got 50% chance of GC2-D2B or 25% chance of GC2-DMS or a 25% chance that it's a GC2-D2C. I've got 2 external USB drives already. I do want to get a WD Passport in White to match the wii with 500GB-1TB of space. My home rig is already sitting @ 2.5TB and mostly full (sighs) :rolleyes:
I think I'm torn between the Drivekey and the WiiKey2. I really don't want to solder. The WiiKey2 has a clip, but I don't know 100% if I've got a D2B or D2C, and that's where the soldering preference is. I really like the (hype) surrounding the Fusion, but I think the WiiKey2 or DriveKey should serve my purposes. With so many techies around the office, I can resell it if needed. I hope I'm correct about the WiiKey2 being able to go solderless with the clip. Opening the Wii won't be difficult. Well I gtg. Thanks for having me.
Don't forget the Wode
Hi and welcome to WiiHacks tcpvtec
If you need advice or help for anything Wii related you have joined the right site, whether its hard or soft modded.
Don’t be shy, ask if you are stuck, just don’t expect other people to do all the work for you.
Before you start anything, make sure you read the rules go over the tutorials, and most importantly, search before asking questions.
Make sure you post in the correct areas of the forums.
Here is the site index wiihacks ultimate index written by ShadowSonic2
If you are starting from scratch, new 3.1-4.1 written by Dogeggs
If you already have Homebrew, upgrade to 4.1 written by Dogeggs
Don’t update to 4.2, but if you are already on 4.2, complete 4.2 guide written by Messie
2009 Wii Serial numbers after LU3884XXXX and LEH2676XXXX have probably got the new D3-2 chip that prevents playing backup DVD's. They can still use original discs and USB loaders.
And please do donate to the forum if you are able so we can go on helping the Wii community.
I hope you have a great time here at WiiHacks, and increase your knowledge of all things Wii.
I thought this post timed out and didn't make it. I just made another Hello post. I apologize for the duplicates. I did add more info into the 2nd one though