System Menu won't load, BootMii has no HBC access, Could you help please?
Hi guys, hope all is well and mucho thanks for hosting such a great site.
I hope I'm not too burdensome, but I'm in need of asking of some slight understanding and help from the masters of Wii knowledge. I've gotten to know a bit here and there, but I'm just stumped now.
I'll be as specific and clear as possible. I've gone through a ton of forum searches to find high and low an answer, but I'm unsure on how to proceed next. I've check this thread --
Questions to which there is already an answer -- However my question doesn't appear there. So I ask for your mighty help, if you may ^_^
Okay, here's the situation.
The Wii I have was bought a year before. It isn't one of the 'LU64-65' models and had version 3.4 of the System Menu on it. I successfully used the great tutorial here:
New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii --- to get the Wii working with no problems.
I got these items to work with no issues at all.
- HBC was at version 1.03
- Installed Preloader 0.29 - it mentioned it was on IOS v60 and SystemMenu v449 (I believe that's 4.1U)
- I have a NAND Backup of my system, just in case and BootMii is booting off boot2
- I use USB Loader GX to play my backups off the WD Passport 60GB.
I didn't install these optional items listed in the guide:
- Install the new 4.2 shop channel with Wad Manager
- Install cIOS56 to play Guitar Hero 5/Beatles from the disc channel - Download
- Install the new cIOScorp 3.5 for DVDR loading through Disc Channel - (works on all wiis) - Download - make sure you read the readme!
- Install the Internet Channel - NTSC-U, PAL or NTSC-J
- Use your Wii as a media player with MPlayer CE & DVDX
- Get some emulators for all your old favourites (better than vc except for N64)
Now here comes the little issue I came across. I went just a few days ago to load up HBC to install a new WAD channel shortcut for one of my games. After using WadManager 1.4, HBC asked if I wanted to update to 1.06. I said "Yes" and update went through, downloaded, rebooted the Wii and I was back at the HackMii installation. It listed 3 options for me to install: HBC, DVDX and BootMii. I installed, just the latest HBC, v1.06 and it installed fine. I ignored the DVDX installation and BootMii as I didn't see they needed an update and hadn't know if they did.
I exited HackMii installation and the Wii reboots. However after showing the initial Wii TV screens flashing by, the system just stays at a black screen. I'm a bit shocked and believe I'm not bricked, so I look to WiiHacks community to find an answer.
I find out that I'm able to still load Preloader 0.29 and use the aspect of getting to HBC from there. I read that I could load it with the "load/install" option, but unfortunately, I hit the "install" button. Afterwards, I'm not able to load HBC from Preloader, even after I hit "Load" to load HBC from Preloader 0.29. I try updating Preloader to 0.30, but upon hitting the Update option, it hangs at "Downloading Changelog" - I have an SD card in the Wii.
So I go towards this great community in search of more info and I find out this tidbit from these two threads:
changed my system menu to priiloader, wany my wii menu back --
Originally Posted by mauifrog
Now the only reason I had went that way is because I couldn't load HBC and thought if I could load that, reload the files mentioned before (IOS60 and System Menu v449, I could get the system menu back up and running). As I was only having issues with the system menu, from there I thought I could reload HBC, at least I believed I could.
Originally Posted by mauifrog
In any case, the cBoot2 file in the download link allowed me to boot and it booted some text that was flashing by and went straight into Wad Manager 1.4 I believe. I went in to load ios60patched.wad, but it came up with an error -1 (*I believe*). I thought that related to it being already installed as I've had that come up in relation to Wads I've installed as shortcuts on the Channels within the Wii Interface before, so I ignored it. In any case, since ios60patched.wad came up as an error, I went ahead and loaded Systemmenuv449.wad and that took some time, but it installed with no issues.
However, I was introduced to a new issue. Upon reboot of the Wii, I get the Health Screen, hit "A" button and then the Wii has just a Blank Screen. Still confused, I come here in search of some enlightenment.
Now, I can still load up BootMii from my SD card and I have my NAND backup, but there isn't any Preloader and I realize now why, because I didn't install Preloader AFTER loading the new SystemMenu. Didn't know or realize that at the moment.
In any case, I'm curious on how I could proceed:
- Should I try to get HackMii somehow re-install everything, so I could basically restart the whole process of Softmodding my Wii like I did from the very beginning, even though I don't have access to HBC from BootMii or any access to load HackMii from where I stand?
- IF I should load HackMii, how would I go about it, if you wouldn't mind letting me know?
- Should I try to just reload the NAND backup?
- If I reload the NAND backup, would that corrupt any of the other files and setups since I believe they are still installed and possibly result in a brick?
- Is it possibly I have bricked my system? I checked out this thread -- understanding-your-wii-wii-dictionary -- And it mentions I've could've possibly Banner Bricked my Wii. Have I actually done that unknowingly and is that the only solution?
Again, I thank you for your time, patience and extreme help. I really don't like to bother others as I know what it's like to answer the same question over and over again. Any help is appreciated and Thank you SO MUCH!!!:D