Guitar Hero 5 works, Rock Band (2 & the Beatles) not!
First I wanna say: WHAT A GREAT SITE! thanks to all administrators and everybody else who is making this possible! I've found many answers on my questions here and I'm gratefull for that!
Unfortunately I have a problem running the Rock Band series on my sofmodded PAL Wii. Let me explain and I hope someone can help me find the sollution (which I haven't found yet in the last week, surfing, reading and trying...)
I sofmodded my 3.4E PAL Wii in the beginning of this year. Everything runs smoothly and all problems that I encountered I was able to tackle (like 002 FIX f.e.). Last week I've tried to get Guitar Hero 5 running. Therefore I've followed the tutorial put together by Demo777 (big thanks dude!). So I've
- updated to firmware 4.1
- installed cios38rev14
- installed and merged cios222 and cios223
- installed the configurable usb loader (was using the usb loader gx before)
After that I could load Guitar Hero 5 with cios 222 mload from the configurable usb loader with no problems.
BUT: Rockband 2 and Rock Band: the Beatles are not working. They're displayed in the usb loader, but when I'm trying to load them with game settings on 222-mload (or 223-mload), Anti 002 FIX on and Block IOS Reload on, all I get is a black screen. Controller looses contact for one second, than lights up again, but the black screen stays.
I'm really lost, tried to install everything again, I've tried to load them in uloader or loader gx but nothing works. There are 3 things which might be wrong but since Guitar Hero 5 is working I suppose that I've done everything correctly. Anyway here are the two things that are wondering me and maybe can help to find the sollution:
- after updating the firmware to 4.1, still in my Wii settings (in the normal menu) in the right upper corner there is Ver. 3.4E displayed (but again, GH5 worked after updating). Is tht normal?
- i only can select in the Configurable USB Loader the mload version of 222/223. If I try to load them in Uloader or Loader GX, I can only select normal 222 or 223 ios
- I'm running the loaders from the Homebrew channel. Do i HAVE TO load them from a WAD?
I hope someone can help me here. If you need more info or maybe someone can connect me to someone who might know the sollution, it would make me extremely happy!!