Hi, I have searched all the internet and found this useful forum. It gave me a hope to recovered my Wii console.
1. My Current Wii is firmwared 3.1U, HBC ver 1.0.6 . I didn't have time to play it for 3 years and started to play it
again. I found that my Wii was outdate and needed to be improved.
2. I used to Softmod it once because my cousins unintended update it with CD and I needed to downgrade, installed
HBC and Gacko to played some games. I didn't remember what I had done at that time.
3. I have tried to use softmod ANY WII instruction but I have got problems, I tried to find it myself but the forum was
started since 2009 and I couldn't review all the posts there. the problems are:-
- I cannot install HackMii 1.0 to update newer version of HBC because "no usable or vulnerable IOS"
- I try to follow this forum instruction I cannot pass step 2 : because I cannot uninstall IOS58 but I can deleted it in
IOS manager (I don't know that just delete IOS is enough or not) I skip that and try step 3 which can install all of WADs
but on Step 4 : HackMii still cannot run!!!
- Right now, I use HackMii version 6 on the latest 4-5 pages in this forum, great!! I can install bootMii and can backup
NAND but I still cannot Update HBC it still 1.0.6 and run on IOS61!!
- I try to get back to the Hackmod in the softmod ANY WII guide but I cannot run Hackmod on HBC exploit >> Resulting
the qeustions is :- How can I pass the Chapter 1 of the softmod ANY WII guide by installing HackMii, and latest HBC to
continue to Modified my Wii in Chapter 2,3...
Thank you very much for you kindness
Thank you for you answer.
I started the Chaper 2 and getting problem, the WiiMod 3.2 doesn't run on my HBC Exploit!!
Let me step back to the root cause, what I had done before going to be like this!!
My Wii had been able to run WiiMod3.2 before. I didn't remember which IOS did it run on.
Because atthe Step 1 of chapter 1I got "no usable or vulnerable IOS" problem therefore
I tried to FIX my Wii by this Forum instruction.
At first I couldn't complete FIX instruction because all WAD couldn't be installed.
I search along the forum, and skip to the latest 10 pages of this instruction and found
some threads about patched IOS36 and IOS236.
It works fine, MMM could patched IOS36 and IOS236 well and I can complete FIX
instruction (one thing that that was not be as the instruction was Uninstall IOS58 is error
but I deleted it instead).
the Result is
1. HBC was upside down
2. HBC run on patched IOS 36
3. HBC doesn't run the WiiMod 3.2. Resulting BLACK SCREEN, if I tried running
4. at that time I still couldn't install bootMii to backup NAND
I read toward approximately 4 latest pages and found your HackMii 0.6 which bring me
to BootMii backup. and after I reinstall HBC ver 1.0.6 with HackMii 0.6 the HBC was back
to normal (Not upside down) but it ran on IOS 61 instead.
I thought the problem is the IOS that HBC running on. So I use Twilighthack exploit to uninstalled
HBC by HackMii 0.6, deleted IOS 58 and IOS61 by MMM and Reinstall HBC by HackMii 0.6 again
(I cannnot run another newer HackMii). It came up with HBC 1.0.6 running on IOS35. but still
cannot run WiiMod3.2 so I cannot procede to the Chapter 2.
Can I use Twilighthack to run the WiiMod? does it still the same as other exploit? I don't dare to try
that because your instruction didn't support this method. If the Chapter 1 completed, I should get
HBC 1.1.0 and BootMii and That HBC can run WiiMod 3.2. but I couldn't complete the first chapter.
thank you very much for your kindness.
Like I said before, I have seen a few very rare cases of older wiis that simply could not install the newer AHBPROT hackmii installers. But we will have a look.
1. Run hackmii installer 0.6, any way you like. Install HBC and bootmii as boot2.
2. Load boot2 bootmii, make a new nand backup.
3. Use gianpune's nand tools to check your nand.bin. Use nandbincheck "nandbincheck nand.bin -all -vv"
4. Copy the output of nand.bin check and post it here
5. From HBC run syscheck, post the syscheck log here
6. Post the hackmii installer 0.6 log here, it is sd:\installer.log
7. Download latest hackmii installer, extract bootmini.elf to sd:\bootmini.elf
8. Load boot2 bootmii again, launch the bootmini.elf from bootmii's sd loader
9. Try to install the new HBC, post the hackmii 1.0 installer log here, it is also sd:\installer.log
That should give us a lot of information. But I have my doubt's
Now you do not need HBC to have a good softmod. Perhaps explore postloader as a good alternative to loading what you need if you can't update HBC.
Thank you, I wiil do your instruction to give you information.
But I have to work all the weekdays and don't get to my Wii untill next weekend.
I hope you don't mind.
However, I still got some questions
1. What is Gianprune's NAND tool, I search in the Google and don't find that tool
to download. and If I get it, I need to run it in the PC,right? Would you mind to
give me some detail to operate it?
2. What is the postloader? You mean, If I don't softmod my Wii,I will be able to play
newer games on my older Wii? How can I do that?
if i can get some help it would greatly appreciated.
i have a on-going problem with my son's wii, I got it used, updated unknownly to 4.3u. It was softmod with letterbomb(our goal was to put all his wii games on a external hdd. I have homebrew loaded, but when i select bootmii, i get a blank screen. So i downloaded your hackmiifix, but when do a syschck, i get a error message ' failed to get stored tmd size for ios90 ' then it cycles back to the hb menu. I tried to load mmm but i get a blank screen then it cycles back to hb menu.
I actually thought my softmod was going okay, i got far as to partitioning the hdd and putting games on it, but none would be able to play, with any usb loader apps. So i back tracked and wanted to make sure i did everything correct, till i got stuck on the bootmii blank screen.
any suggestions? thanks.
This post has been updated. The hope is it will help those rare wii's that are unable to install the latest hackmii for no known reason. It should work well for everyone. If there are issue or suggestions please let me known. But I believe this should be a relativity universal fix to any hackmii related issues. At least I hope so.