Softmii 3.5 Help!
Help, I ran this mod tutorial that was based off the "SoftMii" v3.5 everything runs fine, however my younger brother was playing around and deleted the "Homebrew channel" Now I do not know how to get it back as the hackmii installer won't install it back on. How do I fix this, or how can I start all over and have a virgin 4.2u and reinstall a softmod. Help please thanks!
"1. First of all if you havent already go ahead and setup your wireless connection, this will be needed for all steps..and update yourself to 4.2..theres been alot of speculation about 4.2 being a homebrew killer etc. but once we are through with it..there will be no issues.
For Information On Setting Up Your Connection And Doing A Official Update Click Here
1. Goto the BannerBomb Site and follow the instructions there to obtain a copy of bannerbomb V2 (4.2only) . You may need to repeat this step if the version you get doesn't work with your wii.
2. Goto the HBC/BootMii/HackMii Page and download the hackmii installer.
3. Copy the boot.elf from hackmii installer and place in the root of your SD card.
4. Unzip The Bannerbomb file to the root of your sd card. Do the following. Select the SD Card icon near the bottom left of the screen. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
If it freezes repeat step 2 and 4 until you succeed.
5. When the Hackmii Installer comes up, Install HBC, DVDX, Then install BootMii. BootMii is best in both boot2 and IOS, but if you can only install to IOS that will work for our purposes as well. You can also Prepare SD here, this will place the required files for a bootmii restore on the SD, Once this is completed, please either rename the 'bootmii' folder on your SD or move it to your computer for safe keeping
In the Event that running the hackmii installer results in a black screen freeze try the folowing things. Rename boot.elf boot.dol or try another SD Card.
6. Copy the contents of the Softmii 3.5 package to the root of your SD card.
8. Re-insert your SD and Run HomeBrewChannel and select "1.TruchaBugRestorer". When TBR loads please do the following...
Press B to choose No IOS Reload.
Wait until it says Press 1 then do so.
Go to Downgrade IOS15.
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "Load IOS from SD" then Press A.
Run 1.Trucha Bug Restorer again
Choose IOS15 and press A.
Wait till it says Press 1 then do so.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
You can follow GamingExposed.com member det1re's video here if you wish to see the method being performed
9. Run HBC and select "2. AnyTitleDeleter" and please do the following
Choose IOS 36 and press A.
Go to System Titles and press A.
Select and delete the following using the Button A
IOS222, IOS223, IOS249 and IOS 250
Once you have deleted all four titles press HOME to exit
10. Back into HBC and this time we need to run "3. cIOS Installer"
When prompted, select using IOS36 For Installation and WAD Installation
once installation is complete your Wii will restart
11. Load up HBC one more time and run "4. cIOSCORP Installer"
12. Finally to enable RegionFree and other optional hacks we will be using StartPatch for load up HBC again and select StartPatchNTSC or StartPatchPAL depending on your region
Then Enable The Following Patchs
Disable HAXX, DVDX, RZDx Checks
Block Disc Updates
Blocks updates, which have been embedded in Discs.
Block Online Updates
Region Free Channels
Region Free GC Games No VM Patch
Removes region restrictions on Gamecube games.
Remove NoCopy Protection (Need To Install ALL Five)
Move Disc Channel
Enables the Disc Channel to be moved.
Recovery Mode 4th GC DPad UP
Remove Diag Disc Check
Remove Diagnostic Disc check.
Auto-Press A At Health Screen
Reboot your Wii.
Thanks so much, will try it tonight. Also if i wanted to virgin this back to a 4.2u system will the guide in the other forum work, or will i risk bricking it?
That guide is only to install hackmii with cioscorp. Why would you want a virgin, they just lay on their back and do nothing- you want a wii with experience, who know how to load your backup the proper way.
Oh I just wanted to virgin it so that I can make sure my system was modded correctly. After the homebrew was deleted, I tried to upgrade the firmware but not sure if that screwed anything up. Everything seems to work, backups load. So I wanted to go back to a virgin state so I can start from scratch. Also of note I was originally running Softmii 2.0 on 3.2u firmware. So what I did was update the firmware to 4.2u and then did the SoftMii 3.5 mod. And then of course the homebrew got deleted...
So I was going to try this, however I just realized. How am I going to run wad manager without the homebrew channel...
Originally Posted by mauifrog
Nevermind I figured that out, by using the bannerbomb method. However when I try to "Select the IOS version to use" it defaults to IOS249 and I hit "A" it just freezes... So I am not sure what to do at this point...
Originally Posted by hmangnx
Try 250 or 36
Your cios was removed with your 4.2 update.
So 36 worked, however when I try to install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad file I get a (ret = -1035) error.
Originally Posted by mauifrog