Just wanted to update you all quickly on how I'm doing with this.
Originally Posted by nimagraven
I did some more experimentation.
I swapped from wad2nand to showmiiwads but still had some issues.
I think the issue was related to a WAD that I had downloaded that was out of region. It would immediately tell me that my TV settings were incorrect and after that and a reboot the next lot of WADs would just break with the disc error problem.
What I did was this...
- I created another back up using the dumper in the first post.
- I saved that back up to my harddrive.
- I used showmiiwads with the slim dump (not the bootmii dump).
- I put my WADs on.. One at a time. Tested them. Once I verified they were working I redone my back up on my PC.
- I put the WAD that I thought was breaking the whole thing onto my SD Card and this time FORCED the TV Mode into NTSC 480p.
Voila. Seemed to work.
I have tested with the following on 4.1E/PAL console that I soft modded with the 3-1 -> 4.1 guide on here.
- Bonsai Barber (PAL) ... Please note the NTSC version just GREEN screens for my console.
- Castlevania Rebirth (Region Free) .... Please note this seems to have some minor display problems at the beginning.
- Contra Rebirth (NTSC)
- Dragon Master Spell Caster (NTSC)
- Fish 'Em All! (NTSC)
- Gradius Rebirth (PAL) .... Please note that the NTSC version freezes at the very first loading screen.
- LIT (NTSC)
- Lost Winds (PAL)
- Word Searcher (NTSC) ..... Please note this requires a force of NTSC 480p.
Doesn't work on 4.1E/PAL:
- Bonsai Barber (NTSC)
- Gradius Rebirth (NTSC).
I hope this helps someone... Thanks for the great community and help.
lol...it wasnt there when i was writing my post :)
Originally Posted by Wiiman10
I realized that after the fact lol. Sorry about that. I'm constantly updating my post to help everyone out. I discovered how to use triforce without errors from most games, beside the ones that are yet not compatible with triforce, like Lost Wind 1 and 2 and Space Invaders Get Even and maybe a few more wiiware games I haven't test. All VC Games seem to work fine so far though.
Originally Posted by saitoh183
Well i have it working on my HDD except for the images...just i find it defeats the purpose if i have to use my sd card for them...if you hear about a solution, let me know :)
It just wasn't active, now hopefully I don't see the corrupt system files again.
When everyone says they have it working, are you saying you can exit the games after playing and get back to either the Triiforce screen, HBC or the Wii Menu?
I have Triiforce via channel working on my external USB drive, so far every game I've tried (VC and wiiWare) work just fine except it locks up when I exit the games (every one).
The only way I can get my wii back is to unplug it.
Is this normal for the current state of development of the program?
I'm not complaining by any means.
Between my 1TB external, Triiforce and wiiFlow, my wii now almost rivals my mame console is game selections.
(running cIOS 14 on 4.1 updated manually. External drive is split 50/50 FAT32 and WBFS. 8GB HCSD Card)
The auto loading .dol's that I have should force the system to restart if you exit from the Triiforce menu. As for exiting from within the game itself, I don't know why it would react differently. If I press Home then Reset, the game resets. If I Press Home and then Wii Menu, my Wii takes me back to the system menu as expected. I'm not sure why yours locks up.
odd when i am at game menu and go to wii menu mine locks up also. It does it on wii 4.2 and 4.1 . I thought that was normal hmmmmmmmm
Thanks for the answer. Now that I know it can work properly, I'll figure out what's going wrong on my end.
Originally Posted by Sinyk
Right now I'm loading it from a wad/channel, but I'll give the dol's a go.
Once I get this figured out, the only thing left on my wish-list is auto-updating banners(like wiiflow)...
Now that would be a treat. There would have to be a central repository of images though in order for that to work, like WiiDB has with covers.