ok so heres the deal i had a twilight hacked wii with 3.4u i installed preloader v0.29 it bricked me i could only accsess the preloader menu and it said system files curupt so i used this guied to unbrick it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAwwUtjZUn4) that had me install IOS30-64-1040 after that my backup loader system menu and HBC all worked every thing did so i attempted to again install preloader but this time v0.30 agian i used the same guied as before to un brick it and after that it was once again alset but i still cant get preloader installed without bricking my wii
OK, preloader in a 3.4Wii is a no go.
You have access to HBC so let's get started. I will provide you links for whatever is needed. The plan is to get your Wii to 4.1 so that preloader hacks will work.
First is to install IOS60patched-that will not be a problem after you recently installed IOS 30. We will do this step by step as you requested:
1. here is a link to IOS60patched. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?itxkymzjvy2
2. After downloading, please use WinRar to extract the file
3. copy the IOS60patched.wad file to your SD card, not SDHC, formatted as FAT32 please.
4. Access HBC, select Wad Manager, use settings default IOS249 and SD card slot.
5. Select IOS60patched and install
6. Post back here, please.
umm how do i know if my sd is SD or SDHC?
momma dont use bigger than 2gb card, sdhc means high capacity.
Originally Posted by Momma
ok its a 2gb sd and i formated to fat32 then added apps wadmanager and wad IOS60-patched.wad now what in stall right and you do know that my wii is 3.2u right now rite?
It's also on the SD card label. Sofia is right, a 1 or 2 GB SD card should be fine.
yes, but hardware wise it's a 3.4 that's why we need to go up to 4.1. You were lucky that the downgrade did not truly brick the Wii. A brick means just that-no lights no power to TV etc.
ok i instaled the IOS60-patched.wad now what? i just went to the wii settings it still say 3.2u is that ok?
Now we update your Wii to sysmenu 4.1. I'm going to have you do this offline-no network connection needed:
1. download the sysmenu 4.1NTSC here: SystemMenu-NTSCU-v449.rar .
2. Confirm your original Wii is a U (USA or Canada?) if you have not changed regions then proceed.
3. extract the downloaded file and copy the wad to the SD card
4. install the wad just as we did a few posts ago.
5. I will be happy to repeat the instructions for you again if you can't read the above posts or some other problem. Just ask.
5. After installing sysmenu 4.1. Reboot Wii and tell me if everything is OK.
yes, that's fine. go ahead and follow my sysmenu 4.1 update post, please.
Originally Posted by Momma