Safe System Update to Play Sports Resort on Softmodded Wii
I have a softmodded Wii and I've recently purchased Sports Resort and some Wii MotionPlus controllers. However the Sports Resort disc wants to update the system and bypassing the update (using Starfall's "Skip disc update check" patch) just causes the game to hang with a black screen.
So presumably there are some essential updates needed to play the game and make the new MotionPlus goodness work.
My environment currently looks like so:
- System Menu 3.2U
- Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 (with IOS36 v4.18)
- Gamma Backup Launcher 0.3 with 002 Fix (with IOS249)
So I have the following questions:
1. Can I safely run the system update on Sports Resort? Do I run the risk of bricking my Wii or losing my homebrew softmods?
2. Can/should I install BootMii to backup the Wii flash memory before running the update to guard against any of the above worst case scenarios? Will I be able to restore right back to where I was before running the update?
3. Is there a way I can just manually install the specific IOSes needed to run Sports Resort and use the MotionPlus controllers without needing to do a full system update?
Would appreciate any and all answers, thoughts and suggestions on the above, including completely different alternatives. Thanks in advance!