Looks like I'm in some trouble. I followed the 'Softmod any wii' guide to a letter, and that all went well except the external hdd I'm trying to use doesn't seem like it's compatible.
So I tried doing the method you suggested:
1. Remove all GameCube memory cards and controllers, remove any disc that may be in the DVD slot, and unplug any usb device that may be plugged in. * This step is very important. Do not ignore it .
2. UnRAR the Install Hermes cIOS v4 archive and copy the cIOS_installer folder to sd:/apps/
3. copy the 00000001 folder to the root of your SD card (for offline install)
4. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer
5. Read the warning message and push A
6. Select IOS249 (or IOS236) to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
7. Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38
8. Wait for download and installation to complete
9. Start HomeBrew Channel and start the cIOS 222 Installer again
10. This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS37 merged with IOS38
11. Hermes cIOS is now installed.
Problem is, now things have gone from loading a game and maybe reaching a title screen, to often just not loading the game at all.
Is there a way to basically 'uninstall' what I did by using the files in the Hermes v4 12132010.rar?
I've ordered a harddrive online that matches something in the compability list, so I'm just trying to get things back to where they were semi working and then just go with a safer drive. If that doesn't work I'll know it's something to do with the ios, etc.
Just re-install the cios pack from the any wii guide.
I have this same issue does anyone know if I just go ahead and follow the same instructions but 37&36 and 38&36?
install Hermes v4 12132010.rar Link is down can you re-up
It's included and installed in the "Softmod ANY Wii" guide and really this should be archived/moved out of the active guides.