logmein hack. Does it work?
So I have seen some posts talking about using logmein through WII Internet channel to access your computer. Has anyone used this? I tried but I couldn't get to step 10 (see below) on the Wii. I waited for around 10 minutes, but the page didn't load. Any advice, and/or other ideas how to access computer files on the television?
1. Go to http://logmein.com/ on your computer.
2. Create a free account.
3. Follow the steps.
4. Now, log in on their site.
5. Click on MY COMPUTERS.
6. Click ADD A COMPUTER
7. Follow the steps for adding a computer.
8. Name it whatever.
9. Make a secure access code(password) for your computer.
10. It will install the LogMeIn Desktop Software, if not already.
11. Once your computer is set up, RESTART YOUR COMPUTER!!
12. Now, go to http://logmein.com/ and log in.
13. Go to "My Computers"
14. Click on your computer name.
15. It'll say: Connecting....
16. Enter your access code(password) and log in.
17. Click on "Preferences".
18. Go to REMOTE CONTROL settings.
19. Set the the Default Remote Control from Active-X to HTML.
20. You may want to adjust a few other settings.
21. Click APPLY.
22. Click DISCONNECT.
23. Look in your system tray to the right of the taskbar. Does it have the LogMeIn icon in it? If it does, go to step 24. If it's not there, try steps 4-22 again.
24. To enable the keyboard for the Wii, click START->All Programs-> Accessories->Accessibility->On Screen Keyboard
NOTE: You must do step 24 each time you want to connect for a keyboard, but you only have to do the other steps ONCE.
Connecting with your Wii (You must do this every time you want to connect on your Wii.)
1. Make sure your computer is on and LogMeIn is in your system tray.
2. Go to the Internet Channel Trial Version.
3. Go to the "type a web address" screen.
4. Type: logmein.com
5. * Save this site as a favorite for fast access.
6. Log in.
7. Go to My Computers.
8. Click on your computer name.
9. Let it connect to it. Be patient, this may take a little while.
10. Type in your access code.
12. Click GO on Remote Control.
13. It might say that you are connecting with the same computer to this computer and it'll show a picture that won't happen on your Wii. Click Connect anyway.
14. This might be because your Wii connects through your router (or USB Connector) to access the Internet, and your computer has the same IP.
15. It'll load your computer screen!!!!!!!!!