Wii fell off mantle, now randomly powers off - Theories?
Subject basically sums it up:
- Wii was on my mantle (~5 feet off ground)
- Someone tripped on cable and the Wii fell off mantle onto the slate/marble in front of fireplace
- Wii still works fine - but it now randomly loses power
- By "loses power" I mean that the RED light even goes out - so I have to unplug/replug in the AC adapter to get the RED power light to even come back on.
- I've tried removing the Wii casing to give Wii more ventilation - but power-offs continue
- I've also tried lifting up the DVD drive a couple inches above the motherboard - again to provide more ventiliation - but power-offs continue
- I've also tried the "reseat the bluetooth module" technique - but that apparently didnt fix anything either.
Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem and/or if it could be fixed? Any advice/comments would be welcome.
BTW - if this isn't right forum for this thread plz let me know.