soft mod refresher/ starfall replacement
Really stuck here - a lot further along than i was 10hrs ago, thanks to this site (again), but still need some help please!
I have a twilight hacked wii, downgraded to ver 3.2e, homebrew 1.0.1, starfall installed. Back-ups played thru Gamma Channel (this little adventure completed about 6 months ago, not touched anything system related since.) Everything working great, although haven't connected online for a few months due to lack of connection.
Now with ver 4.1 update out, I'm reluctant to go online again or insert a new game as i believe my starfall won't block the update...?
From all my reading I see no need personally to update to 4.1.
My objectives therefore are:
1. to stay at 3.2e
2. to still be able to play online without fear of update
3. to still be able to play new wii games AND still play my old wii back-ups
(Rarely use shop channel, can live without)
My confusion is (please correct me) -
- Starfall works with ver3.2 - but won't protect me from ver4.1?
- Startpatch doesn't work for ver3.2, so no good...
- researching Preloader 0.28/0.29 has just confused the heck outta me, i believe i CAN use it on ver 3.2 but is this even the right road to head down?
- should i be updating these oh so important IOS38, 53, 55 whilst i'm at it?
I just want everything to stay the same! (and I'd like to solve it before my husband tells me yet again that i should of just hard modded...damn him.)
Thanks in advance for taking the time to send me in the right direction. Noobish, so please don't be too broad!