wii system menu 4.1 tutorial question
Ok well I have had my wii hacked for a while now and had no intention of upgrading to new system menus as I did not want to break my setup. I recently purchased wii sports resort and of course since it has the new sensor it would not let me play the game without upgrading to 4.1.. SoOOO I thought and thought and decided to just go for it. I had heard that it does not break anything. Well I am up and running and all is fine.. I saw the new tutorial on here on wii system menu 4.1 and had questions
Here is what the tutotial says..
4) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)
5) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii
6) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Download IOS from NUS" then restart
7) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Download IOS from NUS"
8) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode
9) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader
10) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this
11) Run 4.1 Firmware-Updater.
12) Using Dop-IOS install IOS60 v6174 with Sig Hash Check.
13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1
14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"
Now I assume this is hot you are SUPPOSE to upgrade??? Now I did not do this. I just upgraded. Am I going to run into problems???
Part of the instructions say..
Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)
I just tried this and lanching hbc and pressing the home buttn exits me back to the wii system menu????
What is this??? I have never done this.. I have never even booted bootmii
another part says this..
Run Trucha Bug Restorer
what is this for???
This tutorial seems to have a lot of downgrading and reinstalling of things.. I am worried now since I did not do any of this. I was on system menu 4.0 if that matters.