Wii Black Screen - Summary of common causes and factors
I still experience the occassional back screen at start up when loading various games like Ghost Squad etc through latest copy of USB Loader GX, and I have also managed to get around this kind of problem with various methods through rather painful testing. I am using 3.4E PAL wii.
Anyways, I just thought I'd summarise my experience and share my thoughts with ppl who still get grief from experiencing black screen upon Loading.
So far I can gathered that black screen (that I have personally experienced and resolved) are due to:
1. cIOS too old, try the latest rev14, or at least rev13 or rev13b;
2. USB Loader GX is too old, you need to update it to newest version through settings;
3. the actual game is not being burnt or copied properly, you need to actually recopy it to the usb drive;
4. the actual usb drive BRAND, so far my 2 cents on reconfirming the urban myth about Western Digital (almost any type of WD) drives are the best with Wii, anything else, including LaCie has fiddly problems;
5. some games are specific and have fiddly problems by nature, like House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return - you need to have settings especially fine-tuned everytime you decide to play 2 OR 3 in the Loader Settings despite having installed latest cIOS
6. Use USB Loader GX instead of other loaders... it is by far the most stable I can gather
That's about sums it up for me.
Please ppl share our experience to the summary of common causes.:)