CIOSCORP: Is it really worth it?
Hi people could someone please answer some of my questions for me please! They also may help others:
I have followed Assassda's guide "the ultimate system menu 4.0 guide" on gbatemp and my wii has got bootmii on boot2 , homebrew channel & preloader.
My wii is a pal 4.0E menu and neogamma 6 works great, lots of other homebrew apps works great too and play wii dvd game bu's.
Although i'd like too, I'm a bit worried about installing CIOSCORP as im not sure if its region specific (i have PAL 4.0E)
1. Is CIOSCORP Region specific
2. Is there a few different versions of CIOSCORP, could i install an old version through google searching or would this be problematic. Would i need the latest version?
3. Do you think that CIOSCORP installation maybe problematic to update in the future as it messes with original nintendo ios's?
4. Does gamecube launcher mess with any official ios?
5. If i dont install CIOSCORP, will it be ok for someone to accidently click on the game through the Wii menu 'disc loader', is there a possibilty of a semi-brick?
8. Can i now delete all the installation files i.e cios36_rev10-install, CMDVDX35, WAD MANAGERS
& leave preloader and
everything from the apps folder that i need like neogamma and usb loader?
9. Lastly, how do i go about installing DVDX without semi-bricking as geexbox and mplayer ce wont play original movie DVDs or divx. Do i have to follow the 3 steps on bootmii (i.e downgrade iso35,patchmii install DVDX) or can i just run step 3 = install DVDx. The problem i have is that no guide i have found tells you how to just install dvdx as i have the others already!!
Thanks in advance people!