How to downgrade from sys menu 4 with no cIOS!!
This guide is now out of date!
Use this one here instead.
This guide will get all you people stuck on 4 with homebrew channel but no cIOS what you've been after! and yes...it works!!
Check your Wii is not an LU64/65 if it is do not proceed with this guide.
You need to be connected to the internet for this to work.
1) Download Fix4.0-NeXtRL.it.rar
2) Get an SD card with nothing on it.
3) Copy the apps folder on the SD card.
4) On the Wii, launch the Homebrew Channel and select CMDVDX34, then pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.
If it says "Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this?", download IOS35-64-v1040.wad and install it using WMIOS35 or a regular Wad Manager, then exit and continue to follow this guide.
If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute shared2clean and try again.
5) Delete the apps folder on the SD, copy the wad folder to the SD and rename the "apps2" folder included in the archive to "apps" and copy it to the SD.
6) Launch the Homebrew Channel again, and run WMIOS35.
7) Install cIOS249 rev9.wad.
8) Exit again, and run IOSDowngraderv1 from HBC.
9) If you want a System Menu lower than 4.0 follow this guide and start on step 3, if you want to stay on 4 download this rar and follow instructions in the readme, but don't run ios downgrader again.
This guide was orig posted at gbatemp by a guy called Davi92, Ive made it a bit simpler, credit due to him, comex and wiipower.