People seem to have their own preferences.
Originally Posted by oogabooga
I use a fowarder,
· The channel includes the program which is also saved to your Wii memory too
· The forwarder is a link to the program (dol/elf) saved at your SD card or at your USB HDD
What are the pros of the channel?
1. You can play your games without an SD card or a second partition at you USB HDD
2. It starts around a second faster
3. update also works for channels
What are the disadvantages of the channel?
1. It takes about 1.8 MB more space at the Wii Memory that the forwarder does.
2. If you use it without an SD (or a second partition at you USB HDD) you can't save your settings, you don't have covers and disk images and you can't use cheats (ocarina)
3. You don't have the cool loading screen (see above) :p
What are the pros of the forwarder?
1. It takes 1.8 MB less than the channel of your precious Wii Memory
2. Both have that option since r590
3. If you want to manually update is faster and easier than the channel as you only have to replace boot.dol (or elf) at your SD/USB
4. You don't have to update often the forwarder, you don't have to update it at all if you don't want to
5. It has the cool loading screen :p
What are the disadvantages of the forwarder?
1. You need an SD at your Wii with the dol file to be able to use the program (or a second, fat32, partition at the usb device)
2. It's a second slower to start the program compared to the channel
Hopefully this will be my last question WiiJohn. I installed the forwarder via wad manager and it works great. However I would like it to load from a second partition on the HDD instead of the SD card. How do I get it to do that? Do I have to uninstall the wad and reinstall it? Or would I need to copy some files over to the HDD partition?
Some people have had difficulty getting this bit working.
Originally Posted by oogabooga
Copy all the files from your SD card to the root of the HDD.
Set all locations in the GX settings from SD to USB.
OK, so I upgraded to 4.1 using Waninkoko's upgrader. Everything seemed to work fine, however I've noticed two things:
1. USB Loader GX seems to take ages to start now, whereas before it was pretty much instantaneous
2. The homebrew channel won't load at all - either from the channel or from the Hackmii menu when I start the Wii.
Update: Used Hackmii via bannerbomb to reinstall the HBC. That sorted it.
Update your Homebrew channel and bootmii installs. It's probably still running on HAXX channel ID or something.
Originally Posted by Dogeggs
i have read something about following step am i missing somethign i only see step 4.
also i am on 4.0U everything works do i need to even upgrate to 4.1? I can play backups and that is all i really care about.
Originally Posted by jbone13
There is no need to update to 4.1 if you are on 4.0.
The guide you mention is straight forward and quick.
If you do a guide make sure you follow all the steps that are compulsory.
Okay! I need some serious help. Obviously this should be easy but I managed to really screw up.
Here's the error.
Root of my SD card
not sure if this one applies but I figure I'd post it
Wii Model Number : RVL-001
My Wii is not bricked.
Beyond how to fix this and actually update to 4.1 from 3.2, I'd like to understand what this memory error means and what hardware / software I'll need in the future to debug my own problems and try to write my own homebrew applications for the Wii.
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I just tried the guide to soft mod you Wii. My version is 3.4 U and I did everything up until installing IOS60 patch with Wad Manager 1.4 and it can't installing giving me message "2011" Any suggestion on what did I do wrong and how to continue. Really appreciate any help I can get.
I'm in the same boat. I followed the fix at http://www.wiihacks.com/general-home...et-2011-a.html and got the 3.3v3_Update_RECOVERY_package.rar and then was able to get past that error, but now no matter what I do I can't get the firmware updater 4.1 to run. It just hangs at "Initializing Network Please Wait".
Originally Posted by nipalla
Anyone have any suggestions on why the 4.1 updated just hangs? I'm also on 3.4u