Internet connection issue: could it be due to cIOS messing up?
I think I cannot define myseld a noob, but the question I'm going to ask seems so...this is the reason why i'm posting right here!
So in few words here's my issue:
- Before i had a wi-fi connection at home, i bought an original Nintendo LAN adapter;
- It worked fine
- One day I switched to wi-fi
- After several years, my wi-fi router need some fixing (i think i can mange to make it working properly again, but it'll need some time)
- I then decided to go back for a couple of weeks on my LAN adapter.
- Unfrotunately it doesn't work anymore! After the connection test: Error 51420,51421,51422 (depends on which one of three connection i set and try to use)
- I've already check all around internet, but seems nobody is in my exactly situation, and I DO NOT WANT (of course) TO UPDATE MY SYSTEM as Nintendo suggests in its FAQs and common error fixing.
- My Wii has a very old firmware: 3.4 EU.
- I've tried everything: clear all connection, changing/teatsing ethernet cables, etc..
Is it normal that it doesn't even show me the MAC address of the adapter (it shows a shadowed 0.0.0.0.0.0.0) although it shows the wi-fi wii mac address?
Is it possible to try my lan adapter with my pc? I mean, if a stuck it into my laptop, it doesn't even see it and i dunno if it's normal because only the wii system can see it or not!
Is it possible that, during the years, I messed up so much with cIOS and other things that I compromised the use of a LAN adapter in the usb ports? And if so, could it be useful (and possible) to update some stuff to make the adapter work again? (if Nintendo suggest you to upgrade your system, I wonder if i do it in a "wiihacks way" without using the official update road.:033:
I'm also willing to crack open the adapter ("crack" beacuse i dunno how to undo the two bolded screws on the back of it)
Any help would be very appreciated and user will receive as a reward lots of thumbs! ;)