Choosing the correct d2x Distribution-Wii and vWii-ADVANCED
The following information is to help people understand the differences in d2x cIOS that started with v10. For your own safety, DO NOT just randomly start installing different versions to your Wii U vWii! Remember, there is no brick protection available yet!
How to choose the d2x distribution fitting your needs
Starting from v10 there are 2 branches of the cios.
|| - Higher compatibility for nand emulation.
|| - 1 usb port supported.
- Non plug&play usb devices, meaning that you MUST connect them before starting the game/usbloader.
|| - 2 usb ports supported.
- Fully plug&play usb devices, meaning that you can connect them when the game asks for them.
| - Lower compatibility for nand emulation.
Each branch has 2 editions, one for real Wii and the other one for Virtual Wii inside a WiiU. So there are a total of 4 distribution files. In this thread, we will only be including the versions for the vWii.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Never install a vWii edition on a real Wii and vice versa.
Notes regarding HDD compatibility:
As has been experienced since the birth of d2x, different revisions can either help or cause problems. Generally speaking, newer versions are better. However, bugs can appear in any version, especially in beta versions. This is exactly why we do not always include the latest versions of d2x in our softmod guides here at WiiHacks.
Some of these bugs can include but are not limited to:
-Black screens when loading games
-HDD compatibility problems
Before changing cIOS for any of the above reasons, please confirm that you have followed the instructions in Pob's FAT32 Guide or NTFS Guide for formatting your HDD and loading your games.
Also please note that changing your cIOS revision does not guarantee your drive will work! As newer cIOS are released they will be posted here for your use. Now, on to the instructions!
Following these instructions will simply overwrite any existing revision of d2x that is currently on your vWii - no need to uninstall anything.
- Download d2x cIOS Installer v2.2 and extract directly to your SD card.
- Download one of the below files and extract directly to your sd/apps/d2x cIOS Installer v2.2 folder. Overwrite files if asked.
- Insert your SD card into your console
- Launch the Homebrew Channel
- Select d2x cIOS Installer and press A to load
- At the top of the screen you will see the word Welcome highlighted in green. Press any button to continue
- At the top of the screen you will see the words Working IOS highlighted in green. Press A to continue
- At the top of the screen you will see the words CIOS Settings highlighted in green.
- You will see a > next to Select cIOS. Press the right dpad to change this setting to the d2x revision you are going to install.
- Press down and Select cIOS base should say 56
- Press down again and Select cIOS slot should say 249
- Press A to install, cIOS 249 installs
- Press A to continue
- Now you are back at the CIOS SETTINGS screen again. This time press down to go to Select cIOS base, and press right to change the base to 57
- Press down and then right again to change the cIOS slot to 250
- Press A to install, cIOS 250 installs
- Back at the CIOS SETTINGS screen again. Press down to go to Select cIOS base, and press right to change the base to 58
- Press down and then right again to change the cIOS slot to 251
- Press A to install, cIOS 251 installs.
- Press B to exit.
- You have now successfully installed a different revision of d2x to your vWii! Hopefully this will solve some of your problems!