I have some issues would be appreciative of any help offered.
Who are you?
- A complete noob who knows nothing about hacking and probably has some undiagnosed form of Aspergers. If something doesn't have very clear step by step instructions then I'll most likely be completely lost.
What Do you have?
- Black Wii with 4.3u firmware. No Wireless network set up in my home. Only wired. And no wired Lan adapter for my Wii. (Basically the Wii has no access to the internet)
What is your goal?
- To play Xenoblade Chronicles via USB stick and save myself the $60 Amazon.com is charging for it, and to also check out The Last Story. (Which doesn't seem to be available in the U.S)
What have you done so far?
- Followed several Youtube tutorials/How to sites. Downloaded a few "packages" and managed to install the Homebrew channel to my Wii menu via the Super Smash Bros/Stage builder. Decided to use Wii64 emulator to test things out and Ocarina of Time/Mario 64 seem to run well.
So what exactly is the problem you're having?
- Okay so this would have to be broken into two scenarios. The original issue I was having was in retrospect most likely due to the fact that my Wii did not have access to the internet. The "hacking" files I downloaded weren't exactly the files themselves but instead were sort of programs that redirected me in the direction of the necessary files. Forgive me for sounding like a noob, it's because I am. When I would go to download the necessary Cios 222 files (I have no idea what this is but I'm aware that it's necessary to enable USB usage) it would say "downloading" and then error because there is no internet connection.
- So after realizing this I began searching online for a downloadable package that included EVERYTHING in the SD card that wouldn't require anything to be downloaded from the internet. I managed to do this but I think it was meant for a Wii with older Firmware. None the less.....the CIOS 222 files were all there and installed properly. I was then able to read files from the USB drive (although there were no actual files on there yet....the Wii was able to read and detect how much HDD space was available on it so I'm assuming it worked.)
So Everything seemed to work out fine, you were able to get USB loader to work, correct?
- Yes, I guess.......but immediately after I backed out to the Wii main menu. I got a message telling me that I needed to download a new patch in order to play disc (I had forgot that I had left Mario Galaxy 2 into the disc drive the whole time) Like an idiot I clicked it and the patch was installed. Now since I've downloaded that update patch via the Mario Galaxy 2 I have not been able to go into CIOS installer v.2.2 or any boot menu without the system freezing up on me immediately. Before the disc patch I had not had this issue before at all.
If there's anyone out there that is smarter than my stupid self and could offer some help it would be greatly appreciated because I honestly have no idea of what to do next. I've heard a few people on other sites say that everything would have been quick and easy had you had internet access on your Wii but unfortunately I don't have it and between the money I would spend on a lan adapter and a 32 gig USB to put games on then I might as well have just paid the $60 for the game itself because after shipping/taxes the total checkout price would be quite close to it. Also at this point, with the CIOS installer freezing up upon being open I might just be throwing money away if it continues to do that.
THANKS IN ADVANCE............. I HOPE SOMEONE REPLIES BECAUSE YOU GUYS ARE MY VERY LAST HOPE.....WITHOUT YOU I'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 2016 WHEN XENOBLADE CHRONICLES IS LIKE 20 BUX ON AMAZON.......MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.