Wiiflow + DML 2.2 issue
So after spending an entire night last night trying to get PSO to work, I am fresh out of ideas and quite frankly am tired of searching. So, I am here to ask for everyone's help. Here is a list of several things that might be asked first.
Softmod is installed properly. I have no issues running any other games.
My HHD is not the issue. It has played several other Wii and GC games fine.
The game is compatible with DML 2.2. I've checked the compatibility list.
I have tried booting the game from both my SD card and HHD.
Wiiflow is installed properly.
I have a ripped with both the DiscEx and GCReEx programs.
So my issue is that when I attempt to play the game, it asks me to transfer the game to my SD first regardless if I booted the game from my SD or my USB. How do I fix this?
Have you tried booting this game in any other loaders such as (USB Loader GX)? And is this game properly located in the directory: SD/USB:\games\ ????
Yes. Every loader has one issue or another. I saw a video of someone successfully playing it with Wiiflow and they stated that the game had to be formatted with GCREex. Also, the game is in the proper folder as well.
Though, none of that matters anymore because after a reinstall of DML 2.2, all I get is black screens. I tired to do a fresh install of MIOSv10 first, then reinstall DML but I got no results. I feel like I am running in circles. :[
Did you try to out-wait the blackscreen? B/c as long as you're getting a SCREEN at all in most cases, the game may take a few minutes to load, such as the case in Zelda - Wind Waker.
Yea. Just now I let it sit for about 15 minutes and with a game that has worked in the past flawlessly, Mystic Heroes, and got nothing.
So have you tried the CreateWAD-DiscEX program, that allows for compression and non-compression? Here's the post from this guide
- Download DiscEx and DML Wad Creator. Put these in the same folder.
- Start DML Wad Creator (the .bat file), following the on screen instructions to compress your Gamecube ISO and create the necessary files. (simply drag the iso to the box when it asks you to). Some games do not work uncompressed so you may want to check the compatibility list at the bottom of this post. Compressing is only good for saving space on your HDD. It does nothing else.
- A folder will be created such as "GLME01", the one for Luigi's Mansion. The folder will contain a "game.iso" file and a "sys" folder with two other files.
- Place the newly created folder into the "games" folder on the USB.
- Place your genuine gamecube or Wii game into the Wii.
- Plug the USB into port 0 (the one closer to the SD card slot) and run one of the USB loaders.
...from what I understood from the reading, you used, the sole "DiscEX" program instead of the combination pack to create the wad. :/
I did not try that because the compatibility list specified that the game had to be done with GCReEX and DiscEX -c does not work. Though, my issue is no longer getting the game to work. It is getting DML to work again. If you had read my posts, which by your posts it seems you had not entirely, I had DML working at one point and I was playing other games with no issue. After a reinstall of DML, I only get black screens for every game. So instead of helping me with the game, please help me with my DML issue. Only then can we move forward and solve the issue with PSO.
Hehe, bud, with that kind of attitude lol, that's... not going to get anywhere...
No additude there. That is just me being blunt. I am responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Anyways, if you choose to not help me then I'll either wait for someone else to help me or eventually figure it out on my own.
love it when folks decide to talk that way to others. Good luck
Originally Posted by xrisonfire08