Hot Wii damaged the sensor system
I have bought a hacked wii from a guy, but I didn't noticed at first that the REAR FAN was broken, so I played like 5 times with the wii getting very hot and shutting-up after an hour.
I've just changed the REAR FAN, works great.
Unfortunately, the heat damaged the sensor system. I have to approach my Wiimote very very close to the sensor to get the hand on the screen. I've tested with another sensor, and it's the same problem (both sensor works, I got a 2nd wii and it work fine). So I'm sure the board didn't appréciate the heat.
When I try to adjust the sensor sensitivity, I see like 3 or 4 points (normaly it's 2) (still with my wiimote close to the sensor). Making the sensitivity from 3 to 5, don't change things much.
1) Is the sensor plugeed directly on the main-board ?
2) Can I use "electrical contact cleaner" on the main-board ?
3) Could a Welding been damaged and maybe need to be fixed ?
4) What is the normal Voltage of the sensor bar ?
5) Are they Voltage testing point ?
6) Have you any idea how I can fix my Wii ?
Thanks in advance.