Hello and thank you to anyone in advance who may provide some insight.
About two years ago I successfully soft modded my Wii using guides and video tutorials I found on the internet. It went very smooth and I was able to play my backed up games via a HDD using USBLoader(GX?). However the HDD I was using crashed. Also, the SD card I used in soft modding said Wii was over written somehow.
I know that there was some importance to the contents of that SD card that may prohibit me from simply plugging a new WBFS formatted HDD into my Wii and being back in action.
Also, if I remember correctly, there was some file or back up program that the tutorial had me create during the soft mod process. This too was lost when the HDD crashed.
I've been dreading trying to figure this out because I really don't know where to start. I don't know which cIOS's I have installed or which I was using. I'm not sure which tutorial I used or even the process in which I accomplished the feat because it was some time ago and all documentation was lost because of the HDD crash. Which is sad because I made sure to document every little detail fearing a bricked Wii(We don't have much disposable income).
So I've read the rules and I've introduced myself (It was a long time back, this is my second attempt). Also, after looking through the Index topics I found a system check program and ran that. I figured it may help someone more knowledgable tell me where to start. I also attempted to click on a "Make your Wii a Virgin" link in the Index topic but it directed me to a website with an error. If I could somehow reset my Wii I would have zero issues softmodding again, I am technologicaly proficient. However, it seems that so much has changed in the last two years I'm not sure if the soft mod I performed is still valid and if I should first try to "virginize" my Wii or if there is a way I can build upon the soft mod in the past and continue from there.
Excuse the long post, the rules said I should make it detailed and I want whoever reads this to have all the information they need.
Also, below in the spoiler (I hope I did that right!) is the log from the system check. However, it doesn't look like it did on the Wii when I read the report. For instance there were a lot more words and a lot less numbers when I read the report on the Wii. Did I do something wrong?
51 91 9b 65, b0 65 24 0, 75 c6 65 b1, 5a d7 2e f2, 35 f5 f 61
22 45 ca 6a, a1 6b 53 d4, 2d 80 8a 34, d7 6 40 8a, 21 6e 95 a4
fb 16 1d 2a, 60 fd fd 80, 2c dd 6 6a, c 53 85 3b, ef 1b d4 7c
9 3 b6 a6, 57 9b 15 94, 87 4a b1 c7, ea 9 47 40, 69 24 f7 11
fa 6a 76 26, 15 cb 86 d8, 92 73 4f 11, 8 79 1 e6, 7e 26 2d 8d
4f ec 59 c2, 1b e5 f af, d2 d8 af 93, e0 9a 9e d, 74 c 12 31
44 39 2b 85, a8 c0 1e 3d, f8 54 2d b0, e0 be 4c 4c, ff 75 c9 f3
a3 c5 90 ff, ff 7c 9d 22, 20 f6 47 e5, 45 67 da 34, 1e bb bf d0
83 76 96 50, 5d dc cd b4, b1 57 ac ad, d8 e9 11 1e, f7 90 27 76
27 99 8a b6, 6f 63 e1 a6, ae e7 2a 7d, 6d b9 d2 3a, 40 34 11 20
6d 5e 10 d, 31 4c 64 e4, 24 e6 53 a6, 2c ed ba dc, 55 d0 b1 47
f a2 99 ed, ff d9 1a cb, 33 8f 89 fa, 54 77 2a 87, 64 a 7 af
ea b 56 ac, 5d f1 b6 30, 18 b9 a4 7f, d1 87 d4 a1, 3c b2 c8 66
c9 12 25 26, 5f 4f d3 37, 42 9f d0 8, ec c8 5c cf, ba 86 d5 7e
6f bd a3 1a, 25 3f 4d 6f, 8c dd d c1, 91 6e 34 c5, a8 24 2c 3
1f 85 7c af, d0 6f 11 bc, be dc 2d 5, 71 f3 c4 b0, fa 42 86 10
82 ae ca c9, 4f 8b 21 17, 2b 47 da af, 16 31 88 e4, 7b 58 95 da
69 91 79 8, ca ae 6f c6, 42 d9 a6 42, bc 55 5e 14, 86 f 6e 36
f8 c4 50 31, ef 4a d0 38, 1f 67 68 63, de 1a c6 e9, 2e 76 2 ef
55 22 ac f, 7 a3 91 1, 4b 4d d3 5e, 14 fc 58 a8, dc 53 6a 17
36 48 b1 84, a8 d8 12 94, 52 b8 76 70, bc 9e 40 6c, 18 2f e4 71
ad 18 84 62, b8 6e 0 fb, ef d2 3 fd, a7 d9 d1 c8, bd c9 c7 84
b5 6a a5 88, 78 fd 23 45, a0 4c 82 90, a9 f9 84 b0, f6 5 aa 57
3c d7 1b a9, 3c 7a fa 84, b2 62 7b eb, 4e 19 46 aa, 96 e6 6a 54
8c 5 ec 91, 45 37 4a 9d, 48 31 e0 eb, d9 3b a1 1d, 8b 9a 26 de
9b dd e2 3c, cd 56 a0 ca, d7 ca fd ce, 51 a3 40 d2, 13 42 9a a4
a7 15 9d 1c, 70 18 96 e4, cd 7c da 3, 6 d6 c2 ba, 24 4 11 c1