Guide: Q1 2009 - Q1 2010 Modchip Chart
Guide: Q1 2009 Modchip Chart
January 13, 2009
The previous thread had over 60,000 views, but contained dated content. This guide is a replacement with more current technology being featured.
Chips Listed: (Only Chips Listed updated March 10/2010~ relevant chips in Bold)
Sunkey Fusion 3in1
- Only purchase chips from official WiiHacks board sponsors. This will greatly reduce the accidental purchasing of clones and fake supplies. Modchip-Depot (ModderMan) and CanadaMods (SpyMan) are very involved on the forums. They're easily contacted and approachable.
- Wiinja and Cyclowiz are very dated, therefore not included in this comparison.
- The only truly solderless modchip is the Wasabi DX, The Drivekey,.
- The WiiKey 2 and D2Pro websites copy and pasted each other. Their chip's functions are identical due to this.
- The Wasabi v3 is being destocked by retailers in favor of the new Wasabi Zero. Also, the Wasabi Zero listed no specific functionality on the official website. It's being assumed that what's on the v3 is being carried over.
- Not all modchips are referenced on the chart. If you feel that one should be on there, please let me know. I did purposely pass on the Argon stuff due to their selling / bundling of Homebrew with their newest product.
- If something is incorrect, again, please let me know. I went off of what was listed on each individual website.
(A .PDF reader is required)
If this guide helped you, please use the http://www.wiihacks.com/wii/buttons/post_thanks.gif button on the thread. It'll encourage me to make more of these if enough feedback is given.