Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 146

Thread: Ultimate List of Troublesome Games and their Solutions!

  1. #121
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaisedinsd
    The Metroid Prime Trilogy thread linked in the first post is closed and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

    Apparently there is a method that used to be needed that is no longer neccessary and its's difficult to figure out what info is current on this problem game. There are so any different methods I see people saying when searching....seems the latest is people saying it should just work with default settings...Im not sure.

    I used mauifrogs guid and have been trying to use USB Loader GX. I have not gotten the ALT DOL method to work, but I can get Prime 1 and Prime 2 to load but Prime 3 freezes at black screen when loading. Using FAT32 and was wondering if Prime 2 multiplayer works (online?)
    I had the very same issue...one of the reasons I got rid of the Trilogy disc and bought the individual releases.

  2. #122
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    problem with ultimate battle of the sexes

    I'm having trouble getting ultimate battle of the sexes (pal) working on my ntsc console. i tried doing the same thing as for yoga (pal). when it loads all i get is a black screen. am i using the wrong cios? is there a problem with this game loading in usb loaders?

  3. #123
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    That game is not a troublesome game, and therefore isn't included in this thread.
    Your best bet would be to start your own thread in the appropriate section. Thanks.



  4. #124
    New Member 2lazy2makeaname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California, United States of America
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blaisedinsd View Post
    The Metroid Prime Trilogy thread linked in the first post is closed and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work.

    Apparently there is a method that used to be needed that is no longer neccessary and its's difficult to figure out what info is current on this problem game. There are so any different methods I see people saying when searching....seems the latest is people saying it should just work with default settings...Im not sure.

    I used mauifrogs guid and have been trying to use USB Loader GX. I have not gotten the ALT DOL method to work, but I can get Prime 1 and Prime 2 to load but Prime 3 freezes at black screen when loading. Using FAT32 and was wondering if Prime 2 multiplayer works (online?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    I had the very same issue...one of the reasons I got rid of the Trilogy disc and bought the individual releases.
    yea the ATL DOL method is very very old, its what i used to use like 3years ago and i couldnt access difficulty settings & multiplayer. However after i update softmodded my Wii with Maui's guide, now i just use the default settings on Metroid Prime Trilogy on my CFG USB Loader and everything works 100%. However i havent tested out the Multiplayer online nor have i tested the game with USB Loader GX

  5. #125
    New Member suky321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hi, I used to have problems with Kirby's return to dreamland not working on USB Loader GX at all, i.e. when you open a new file at the title screen, the Wii freezes. I installed Configurable USB Loader v7 using cIOS249 [56] , and got over that problem and can play the game fine. However, the new problem I've had is the game freezes and music loops if I try to go to any of the challenge stages. The game is 93% completed and beaten the final boss, but I need to do the challenge stages to complete the game fully. Furthermore, from the title screen when trying to open "the arena" or "the true arena", it also freezes. I've tried using the gameconfig.txt file from geckocodes.org for SUKE01, and no difference, turned off Ocarina, and set hooktype to none, no difference, tried with different files i.e. Pal and NTSC versions, no difference, tried with the latest version of USB Loader GX, no difference.
    I have not seen anywhere else on the web with people having this type of problem where the challenge stages freezing.
    I also have issues playing the classic levels (Wii reboots) on Kirby's Dream collection (but that's another story).

    Thanks if you could help please.
    Last edited by suky321; 06-04-2013 at 01:45 AM.

  6. #126
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suky321 View Post
    Hi, I used to have problems with Kirby's return to dreamland not working on USB Loader GX at all, i.e. when you open a new file at the title screen, the Wii freezes. I installed Configurable USB Loader v7 using cIOS249 [56] , and got over that problem and can play the game fine. However, the new problem I've had is the game freezes and music loops if I try to go to any of the challenge stages. The game is 93% completed and beaten the final boss, but I need to do the challenge stages to complete the game fully. Furthermore, from the title screen when trying to open "the arena" or "the true arena", it also freezes. I've tried using the gameconfig.txt file from geckocodes.org for SUKE01, and no difference, turned off Ocarina, and set hooktype to none, no difference, tried with different files i.e. Pal and NTSC versions, no difference, tried with the latest version of USB Loader GX, no difference.
    I have not seen anywhere else on the web with people having this type of problem where the challenge stages freezing.
    I also have issues playing the classic levels (Wii reboots) on Kirby's Dream collection (but that's another story).

    Thanks if you could help please.
    From the few things you mentioned, your system is very out of date. Run through the Softmod Any Wii guide (link in my sig) and update your softmod and loaders. Everything should work fine after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  8. #127
    New Member suky321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    From the few things you mentioned, your system is very out of date. Run through the Softmod Any Wii guide (link in my sig) and update your softmod and loaders. Everything should work fine after that.
    Much appreciated, running the softmod any guide did the trick!!!

    Many thanks!

  9. #128
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Any help for the last story undub i keep getting a black screen it was working before.

  10. #129
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,503
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,634 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Considering this is your first post in over two years, kind of hard to figure out that "before" portion of your comment.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  12. #130
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    Well, just picked myself up a new "used" copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy...damn GameStop for not having the steel case or art book. But hey, the games what matters most. So let's give this another go and see if it works this time (it better). If not, I'll have to stick with disc loading which isn't a problem now considering my disc drive actually works now.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •