Updating to/Installing USB Loader GX v3.0
USB Loader GX v3.0 supports the new features of the latest d2x cIOS as well as Rodries MOD of the Hermes cIOS.
This guide is meant to instruct those who wish to update their current version of GX v1.x to GX v3.0, or those who have had issues since updating to GX v3.0. If you have never installed USB Loader GX before, you can still follow these instructions by simply ignoring the parts involving deleting GX configuration files.
GX v3.0 and its forwarder channel require IOS58 and HBC 1.0.7+ in order to properly run. If you have a lower version of the HBC and/or it is not running on IOS58, read Part 1, otherwise skip to Part 2.
If you are unsure which version of the HBC and IOS you are running, launch the HBC then press the Home button. It will show your HBC version and IOS in the upper right hand corner.
Part 1 - Installation of Homebrew Channel v1.1.0 running on IOS58
If you are certain that IOS58 is installed you can skip to Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 Installation/Reinstallation
- Download the IOS58 Installer from HERE
- Extract the download directly to the root of your SD card. After extraction the path should look like this: SD:/apps/ios58-installer/boot.dol
- Launch HBC and run ios58-installer.
- Press the Install button.
- After installation exit homebrew and return to the system menu.
- Download IOS58-64-6176.wad from HERE and save it directly to the SD:/wad folder
- Install IOS58 using MMM or Wad Manager v1.7
Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 Installation/Reinstallation
Note: If you are already using HBC 1.1.0 but it is running from an IOS other than 58, these instructions will allow you to reinstall it so that it will use the correct IOS.
- Create a folder in the apps directory of your SD card called Update HBC.
- Download the Hackmii installer from HERE and extract it to your desktop.
- Inside the Hackmii folder is a file called boot.elf. Copy this file to the folder you just created on your SD card. The path should look like this: SD:/apps/Update HBC/boot.elf
- Launch HBC and load the Update HBC app. The Hackmii installer will load. Wait a few moments for the 1 to appear, then follow the onscreen prompts to Install the Homebrew Channel. After a successful install, exit back to the HBC.
- Press the Home button and look in the upper right hand corner of the screen. It should now say 1.0.8 IOS58.
Part 2 – Installation of USB Loader GX v3.0 and forwarder
- Delete the contents of the SD:/config folder (If you have such a folder. This folder contains the configuration files for an older version of GX which are not compatible with the newer version).
- Delete the sd/apps/usbloader_gx/gxglobal.cfg file. (If you have such a file. This file contains the configuration files for an older version of GX which are not compatible with the newer version).
- Download UsbLoader GX v3.0 All In One Package from HERE and extract the files directly to your SD card. When prompted, overwrite all existing files.
- Run to your wii and insert your SD card.
- If you wish to install the new forwarder channel, launch MMM, WiiMod, or Wad Manager 1.7. Note: If you already have a working version of the forwarder channel from GX v2.3, it WILL work with 3.0, so no need to install another version.
- Install USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad using your wad manager
Part 3 (Optional) – Installation of d2x and Rodries MOD
Install d2x using THIS
Install Rodries MOD using THIS
Note regarding NAND Emulation and d2x v8: The second controller will not sync for Wiiware and VC titles. A fix is in place in the d2x v9(beta49) cIOS. Download them from HERE, extract the file directly to the wad folder on your sd card, and install using your favorite wad manager.
Thanks goes out to:
The USB Loader GX team – USB Loader GX
The Bootmii Team – BootMii.org
Wiibrew.org for the IOS58 installer
Nancy for dealing with a bunch of my questions
My wife for not killing me for being on Wii Hacks so much.