What is ModMii?
ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J/K and Below); it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.
Literally run the program once, let it download,
and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii
What can ModMii do?
- It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu
- Download individual IOS/cIOS files, cIOS & cMIOS installers, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Multi Mod Manager, YAWMM, Dop-Mii, both versions of Bannerbomb, Hackmii Installer etc.
- Install patched IOSs without an wifi connection on your Wii
- This includes an easy to follow Custom guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)
- Install SNEEK, build SNEEK NAND dumps, and Batch Extract Wii Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI
- Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii
Configurators to create a custom config files
- This is also capable of downloading 000000**.app files for Sneek and MyMenuify
- Provides solutions for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems
How to Use ModMii
- Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)
- Download and use the ModMii Installer
- Run the "ModMii.exe" (make sure your firewall or proxy is not blocking the program from accessing the internet)
How to mod your Wii
- Choose an activity from the list on the Main Menu to begin (see screenshot below for options). Note, a custom guide will only be generated when "ModMii Wizard (W)", "HackMii Solutions (H)" or "USB-Loader Setup (U)" are selected.
- Run ModMii, from the Main Menu enter "W" to start the ModMii Wizard
- When asked if your Wii is a virgin, you can answer yes "Y" even if your Wii is not a virgin in order to re-hack your Wii and update all your Wii's softmods. You should only answer no "N" if you know specifically what softmods need updating or if you only want to change your system menu version.
- Answer the questions ModMii asks about your Wii, it's very simple, so I won't even go into the details, but here's a video tutorial made by Pepxl based on v4.0.1. Later versions work much in the same way, so its still a great tutorial even if you are using a newer version.
- Wait until the program is done working, verify that all the files downloaded successfully, then (if you didn't change the drive letter to your SD card) locate the newly created folder called "COPY_TO_SD". Copy everything inside this folder to the root of your SD card (merge folders if it asks).
- Now just follow the generated guide.
ModMii now uses TMDedit by person66 to patch TMDs for future d2x beta cIOSs. This will allow davebaol to add or remove modules in future cIOSs without requiring further changes made to ModMii in order to support it.
Updated Casper to v0.3, thanks giantpune!
Updated name of WiiFlow to WiiFlow-Mod
ModMii no longer needlessly downloads 00000001.app from IOS60 when using the latest sneek installer v0.7a. This version of the sneek installer is used when building neek2o rev70+ or neek rev186+.
Added check to Casper2Bootmii for the temp\DownloadQueues folder and creates it if it's missing. This will fix errors that some may have encountered if that folder was missing.
Fixed error when saving an advanced cIOS to a download queue when its slot was not changed.
Other minor changes.