Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 292

Thread: Update All Your IOS's

  1. #111
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am having so many issues doing this...i am so worried i screwked the pouch!
    Can you JoostinOnline please check my SYSCHECK and let me know if i am up-to-date with your thread? I just did it
    2200 EST Today.

    Spoiler


  2. #112
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anime_sempai View Post
    I am having so many issues doing this...i am so worried i screwked the pouch!
    Can you JoostinOnline please check my SYSCHECK and let me know if i am up-to-date with your thread? I just did it
    2200 EST Today.

    Spoiler

    Not a problem. You are all up to date except for IOS15. Somehow that didn't get updated. If you still have the wads on your SD card, just install that one (hilight it and press A instead of 1).

    I would appreciate it if you would tell me everything that gave you trouble. I'm always seeking to improve this. I want it to be as simple as possible.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  4. #113
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sure...i was having problems because i had moved some WADS from the root of the SD card to the WADS folder. When i unrared your files..."Update all ISOs" they were all neatly tucked away into the wad folder...so i originally thought...well i must put all my wads into this folder. When i attempted to do the express mode...i kep getting an error telling me that it could not find IOS36- $%@ patched V...i am sure you know which one i mean. So i did a little research on this very thread...and you said

    Spoiler



    Once i read that...somehow it clicked in my head that in order for it to load IOS36 it needed to find it...so it worked.

    one last thing...i think i am missing some other IOSs'''ie 222/223...do you have a good TUT for this?

  5. #114
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anime_sempai View Post
    Sure...i was having problems because i had moved some WADS from the root of the SD card to the WADS folder. When i unrared your files..."Update all ISOs" they were all neatly tucked away into the wad folder...so i originally thought...well i must put all my wads into this folder. When i attempted to do the express mode...i kep getting an error telling me that it could not find IOS36- $%@ patched V...i am sure you know which one i mean. So i did a little research on this very thread...and you said

    Spoiler



    Once i read that...somehow it clicked in my head that in order for it to load IOS36 it needed to find it...so it worked.

    one last thing...i think i am missing some other IOSs'''ie 222/223...do you have a good TUT for this?
    Oh, that explains how IOS15 is old. The old IOS15 (used for patching IOS36) must have been installed with all the other wads. It's kinda hard to explain. Some of the IOS's need to be left outside of the wad folder because they aren't supposed to be installed by the user. MMM uses them in them for patching IOS36 in express mode.

    If you still have MMM on your SD card, you can just extract Hermes cIOS Wads.zip to the wads folder to install 202,222,223, and 224. Just install them one by one. Make sure you update IOS15 to v1032. If you don't have it anymore, you can download it here.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  7. #115
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Oh, that explains how IOS15 is old. The old IOS15 (used for patching IOS36) must have been installed with all the other wads. It's kinda hard to explain. Some of the IOS's need to be left outside of the wad folder because they aren't supposed to be installed by the user. MMM uses them in them for patching IOS36 in express mode.
    This part is left out in a lot of tutorials...that is why i has this old stuff.! I will fix it in a few...

    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    If you still have MMM on your SD card, you can just extract Hermes cIOS Wads.zip to the wads folder to install 202,222,223, and 224. Just install them one by one. Make sure you update IOS15 to v1032. If you don't have it anymore, you can download it here.
    Working on it right now....

  8. #116
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    You really don't need to update IOS15 as the old version works for anything that needs it. Just a heads up.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  9. #117
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I have been working on making patching IOS36 part of the guide, instead of just linking to instructions. I'm also making a pack for people who don't have, or can't run, the HBC.

    @Krank: Lol, you never give up.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  10. #118
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All done?


    Spoiler

    Last edited by anime_sempai; 01-05-2011 at 08:25 PM.

  11. #119
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I have been working on making patching IOS36 part of the guide, instead of just linking to instructions. I'm also making a pack for people who don't have, or can't run, the HBC.

    @Krank: Lol, you never give up.
    Because it's not needed

    Also you link to the MMM guide to patch IOS36...why not link to the guide that explains how to do it "How to restore trucha to IOS36?"? No need to include it in the guide especially since most people have a patched IOS or cIOS. They don't need a patched IOS36 to follow this guide, any fakesigned IOS will work.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  12. #120
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anime_sempai View Post
    All done?

    Spoiler

    Yep, you now have the latest and greatest.

    Btw, don't mind Krank. He is an old man stuck in his ways.

    Some of us see it as "There is almost no chance an upgrade will ever be needed on IOS15, so you should leave it alone", while others say "But what if it is? Even if it isn't, there is no harm in an updated IOS."
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •