Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: Create Channels for Your Wii Games (Alt.dol games Included)

  1. #51
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Running all games from a USB HDD, Launching from the menu via wad created with Crap 3.3.
    Here's the problem, 2 games seem to have a conflict.
    Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    When wads are installed using Wad Manager 1.7 the second one will overwrite the first one reguardless of order installed.
    Both games have the same Title ID but unique Disc ID's.

    Tried changing the Title ID in Crap while making a new wad. When this one is installed it doesn't show up on the wii menu.

    Game Files:
    RB4E08.wbfs
    SB4E01.wbfs

    Original Wads Created:
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 - UB4E - SB4E01.wad
    re4 Wii edition - UB4E - RB4E08.wad

    Second Wad Created With Different TITLE ID:
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 - UB4a - SB4E01.wad

    Any other ideas

  2. #52
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Game forwarder channels problem

    Hi! Thanks for this guide. I managed to succesfully create the USB Loader GX forwarder channels for my games. BUT I have a problem! When I launch a game channel, one row of text comes up in the top so it seems that it at least tries to load the game, but the text appears there for like one second and after that, I get a black screen, the game won't load and I have to reset my Wii.

    The weird thing here is that the games work perfectly when I launch them from the USB Loader GX channel. But the games don't launch if I use the forwarder channels.

    What could be the problem? Something to do with cIOSes? The games do launch perfectly from the USB Loader GX app but just not from their own game-specific channels.
    Last edited by jupstejuho; 01-06-2011 at 10:11 AM.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by panhead View Post
    Running all games from a USB HDD, Launching from the menu via wad created with Crap 3.3.
    Here's the problem, 2 games seem to have a conflict.
    Resident Evil 4 and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    When wads are installed using Wad Manager 1.7 the second one will overwrite the first one reguardless of order installed.
    Both games have the same Title ID but unique Disc ID's.

    Tried changing the Title ID in Crap while making a new wad. When this one is installed it doesn't show up on the wii menu.

    Game Files:
    RB4E08.wbfs
    SB4E01.wbfs

    Original Wads Created:
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 - UB4E - SB4E01.wad
    re4 Wii edition - UB4E - RB4E08.wad

    Second Wad Created With Different TITLE ID:
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 - UB4a - SB4E01.wad

    Any other ideas
    Change it to UB4U and try again.


    Quote Originally Posted by jupstejuho View Post
    Hi! Thanks for this guide. I managed to succesfully create the USB Loader GX forwarder channels for my games. BUT I have a problem! When I launch a game channel, one row of text comes up in the top so it seems that it at least tries to load the game, but the text appears there for like one second and after that, I get a black screen, the game won't load and I have to reset my Wii.

    The weird thing here is that the games work perfectly when I launch them from the USB Loader GX channel. But the games don't launch if I use the forwarder channels.

    What could be the problem? Something to do with cIOSes? The games do launch perfectly from the USB Loader GX app but just not from their own game-specific channels.


    I have not tested the GX forwarders. Do you have a GX forwarder channel installed? Or a full channel?

    I would say switch to Cfg and ditch GX,,,,especially if you're using FAT32.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  4. #54
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    I have not tested the GX forwarders. Do you have a GX forwarder channel installed? Or a full channel?

    I would say switch to Cfg and ditch GX,,,,especially if you're using FAT32.
    Yes, I have a GX Forwarder channel (NOT full channel) installed and it works fine. And the games launch fine from the GX but not from the channels. My Wii games partition is NTFS, and the hard drive also contains another partition which is FAT32 (for PS2 games..).

    I'll try the CFG loader instead then. Thanks for the tip. I'll come back and tell you if it the game-specific forwarder channels work for me with the CFG loader.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Ohh I forgot something. If using NTFS you need to change game partition to NTFS 1 not FAT1...that's probablly why it doesn't work.

    Remake a channel but do this instead...

    Game Partiton : Select "NTFS1" -- Click "Create Channel"
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. #56
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Ohh I forgot something. If using NTFS you need to change game partition to NTFS 1 not FAT1...that's probablly why it doesn't work.

    Remake a channel but do this instead...

    Game Partiton : Select "NTFS1" -- Click "Create Channel"
    Crap doesn't ask for game partition when creating USB loader GX forwarder channels. But when creating Configurable USB loader forwarder channels, it does. I installed USB loader CFG. And now I created a new Mario Kart USB Loader CFG channel and tried to install it with WAD manager. It gave me error -1029?

    And another thing... I tried other games than Mario Kart. Weird or not, other games' GX forwarder channels work fine. It is just the Mario Kart channel that's not working. Since I wasn't able to install the new CFG Mario kart channel, I propably won't be able to install other CFG forwarder channels either. What I can do for error -1029? Maybe I could use both of the loaders. I can use CFG forwarder channels for games that don't work with GX forwarder channel.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    1029:
    Wad Install Error: Most likely have outdated cIOS still installed. Memory might be full. Wad may be corrupt (patched/injected incorrectly).
    Make sure your IOS249 is working okay if that's what you are using to install (try IOS36).

    Maybe you created the wad wrong or you are out of memory, not sure.
    Last edited by Krank; 01-06-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  8. #58
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Make sure your IOS249 is working okay if that's what you are using to install (try IOS36).

    Maybe you created the wad wrong or you are out of memory, not sure.
    I was trying to install Mario Kart CFG loader channel .WAD. I think I wasn't out of memory. Then, I tried installing cIOS249[56]-v20.wad (included in the MMM cIOS pack) with Multi Mod Manager, and it gave me error: - Title (-1035). The other 3 cIOSes in the MMM cIOS pack installed fine. So if the 1029 error is because of cIOS 249, I'm maybe out of luck since I cannnot install the cIOS 249 which would propably fix the problem.

    But forget what I said earlier about other GX game channels working.. I tested all and here are the results:

    Super Mario Galaxy: WORKS! This is the ONLY GX game forwarder channel that works..
    Rock Band 2: black screen
    NFS Carbon: purple screen (??)
    Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock: black screen
    COD World At War: black screen
    COD MW reflex: black screen
    COD 3: black screen
    Beatles Rockband: green screen (??)
    Sonic All Stars Racing: green screen (??)
    Band Hero: black screen

    Games launched from the GX loader app itself (not game-specific forwarder channels): Every game works fine, except the Band Hero doesn't launch. This is weird! I could just use CFG channels but I couldn't install them because of error -1029. And I cannot fix the -1029 error because while installing cIOS249[56]-v20.wad with Multi Mod Manager, I got error -1035.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Go to the error index and read about the -1035 error. You likely have rev 21 installed so 20 won't install over top of 21 (that's what the 1035 means). So delete your current IOS249 and try installing it again.

    Or if you don't want to do that you can install cIOS236 and use IOS236 to install the v20 over top of the 21 without deleting it first. cIOS236 has a version patch that allows you to do this.

    It's up to you.
    Last edited by Krank; 01-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. #60
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=Krank;498684]Change it to UB4U and try again.

    Changing to UB4U from UB4E worked. All 19 games loaded on the HDD work now with no problems. So whats the trick to determining a workable Title ID when there is a conflict like this.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •