RUMORS ARE ALL OVER
Korean Wii's have been hit with a version called 3.5,
Yet today rumors have risen of a new 4.0e.
System Menu 4.0
Newer: This is the newest update
Version 4.0 of the System Menu was released on March 25th, 2009. It was announced in Satoru Iwata's GDC keynote.
The announcement lists these changes:
- The Wii console can now use SDHC (SD High Capacity) Cards with a maximum of 32GB of storage.
- The SD Card Menu (which allows you to easily copy titles from an SD or SDHC Card, run them, and delete them) is added to the Wii menu.
- The Wii Shop Channel will now allow you to download titles directly to an SD or SDHC Card.
- The Wii console's Data Management menu has been enhanced to make it easier to copy and move stored items on an SD Card or the Wii console's system memory.
- There are other behind-the-scenes enhancements to the Wii console system menu included with Wii Menu 4.0
The update includes a batch of IOS updates issued a few hours before the System Menu update.
DON'T UPDATE ANYONE
Unless you don't care about our sexy friend homebrew.
Note: Homebrew WILL NOT be erased from the Wii. You just can't install it on 4.0.
Last edited by zerosyko; 03-26-2009 at 12:21 PM.
yes 4.0 is out dont update.
Update is for the SD Card storage solution they have been talking about for a while. Opens card to allow games to played straight off it and adds new menu icon next to Wii setting button. Apparently it also allow sdhc card support officially. Haven't tried to upgrade yet so I don't know if it will disable homebrew channel.
I did a update (My tutorial said so)
I got the 4.0 Europe software
And when you want to copy twilight hack to youre wii it doesnt work.
Is there a way to downgrade the software ?
Some users of other forums are reporting that HBC and Gecko work after the 4.0 update and that playing out of region backups is capable. Check posts #100 & #107 here Wii firmware 4.0: SD and SDHC Card menu confirmed! Do not update if HBC is installed. - Page 2 - NeoGAF
Im not sure if the posters there are running softmod or hardmod, but they are claiming that HBC can be loaded through the SD card Menu.
Why are you reading this? its always the same!!
Yeah I got the HBC installed before they hit me but I now have 4.0 U on my wii. Those asshats
I have a PAL Wii, 3.2E (with IOS51 installed), and only used AnyRegion Changer on the video settings. I'd like however to update to 4.0. Now, I know AnyRegion Changer probably won't work with it, but does anyone know if the changes made to the video setting (from PAL to NTSC in this case) before updating to 4.0 would remain untouched/stuck or would they reset to the default settings? Thanks in advance.
my question is does Wad Manager still work with 4.0?