Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Noob Question.. Please help a bother out

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Noob Question.. Please help a bother out

    Well, I知 new to this Mod game and have a few questions. First off my Wii was bought in 2006 so I知 looking to see what modchips would be compatible with my Wii. I知 thinking it痴 a first generation Wii but not sure.

    2nd- I知 really looking to use a Wii-clip (pre-soldered) with my mod chip so all I need to do is plug and play.

    3rd- What mod chips do you all recommend?

    4th- Can Anyone provide trust worth sites in the US to buy from?

    Thanks!!!!!

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I recommend the d2pro9 configured for DMS, just make sure your drive IS a DMS. You won't find many resellers in the US, thanks to your government. Your best bet is gonna be Canada, or Australia. The two best I've run across are Canadamods.ca or Ozmodchips.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfie View Post
    I recommend the d2pro9 configured for DMS, just make sure your drive IS a DMS. You won't find many resellers in the US, thanks to your government. Your best bet is gonna be Canada, or Australia. The two best I've run across are Canadamods.ca or Ozmodchips.

    Thanks for the reply. Without opening Wii and in general if I got my Wii in Dec 06 you think it will be compatible? Or is there a Mod chip that works with all version of the Wii? Of course using the pre-soldered Wii-Clip..

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    You can always use the wii serial tracker found here to see what chip is in your wii. As far as compatibility, I still say the d2pro9 is your best bet.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfie View Post
    You can always use the wii serial tracker found here to see what chip is in your wii. As far as compatibility, I still say the d2pro9 is your best bet.

    Thanks for the quick response. Is that S/N tracker accurate? Below is what my output reads.

    ''Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-DMS.''

    ''Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.''

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    it's fairly accurate for 'older' wiis. And according to that, you'd need a d2pro9 and wii-clip v4c configured for DMS. This can be purchased at several resellers, already pre-soldered to the wii-clip. All you'd have to do is open your wii, clip the clip to your dvd drive and you'll be g2g (good to go)

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfie View Post
    it's fairly accurate for 'older' wiis. And according to that, you'd need a d2pro9 and wii-clip v4c configured for DMS. This can be purchased at several resellers, already pre-soldered to the wii-clip. All you'd have to do is open your wii, clip the clip to your dvd drive and you'll be g2g (good to go)
    Nice!!! I like the way you make it sound... (easy) Do you know if there is any install docs anywhere for this mod chip? Im going to check canadamods now to see if they have the chip.. Thanks for all the help btw...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so was just at the canadamods site and this is what you are talking about correct? Most likely minus the Triwing as I think I can get that local.

    D2PRO9 with WiiClip v4C Presoldered. 100% Solderless + Triwing - works on D2A D2B and DMS

  9. #9
    Inactive *********
    *UNDERSTAFFED*ONLY MK Contestants & ***** Supporters can PM MODS
    jebise101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 7 Posts
    yup yup get that if you want 100%v soildless mod

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    160
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wright View Post
    so was just at the canadamods site and this is what you are talking about correct? Most likely minus the Triwing as I think I can get that local.

    D2PRO9 with WiiClip v4C Presoldered. 100% Solderless + Triwing - works on D2A D2B and DMS
    You can use that only if you know that your wii is a D2A/D2B, or DMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •