Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRADE: Hacked Wii for 360

Thanks

TRADE: Hacked Wii for 360

My friend came over today and I showed him my wii. Outta no where he says "Hey hack my wii and I will give you my xbox 360." I'm like hell yeah (especially since i still have all the files to hack the wii)

He then tells me his 360 works but the drive on it needs replacing. (easy fix)

So he brought it over and it took not even 15 minutes to get backups working on his wii. So now I have a 360. I felt it was a hella good deal since I had already done the hard part of hacking (with my system) and had the files I needed and it went pretty much effortlessly.

I will add that it came with no games and no controllers. Just the console and plugs. Now I have to spend money on a HD, controllers, games, and xbox live. Not only that it was owned by his kids and not adult owned so its beat up a little bit. hes been my friend for over 10 years so I know he wouldnt be the type to skunk me.

DISCUSSION: Would you have done this if you were me????

Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    i wouldnt, simply because it would cost too much to fix it up, and over all, xbox is only shooters =\
    Last edited by admiral victorinox; 12-29-2008 at 09:15 PM.

e39
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 187 Posts
    oooh boy. Swapping a 360 drive isn't as easy as you think. They all have individual drive keys. If you take one, and swap with another, the hardware signature is broken.

What you'll have to do is extract the drive key from the existing and write it to the new. If you can get that to work, then you're one step away from flashing the unit to read backups. If the drive is a Lite-On, you're kinda screwed because the extraction kit is about $60.

The 360 is also a hardware failure to happen. Do you know when it was made? Also, read the power brick. If it's at 175W, you're in good shape it has a 65NM processor / 90NM video chip. If it's at 203W, it has a 90NM combo ... meaning more deadly heat.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Thanks
    well since my initial post i fixed the drive.

there was a game stuck inside it. the reason why the drive wouldnt close was because my friends idiot son somehow got a game stuck UNDER the drive tray and it closed leaving the game stuck inside.

once the game was pulled out the tray closed with ease and i was eager to test it so i hooked it up and....

THE DAMN THING WORKS!!!!

twahahahahahahahahahahaha

now i can get games that arent availible on my beloved wii like civilization and capcom vs marvel super heroes game

YES!

all in all i am happy with the end result that i wont be needing to repair this thing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    i wouldnt, simply because it would cost too much to fix it up, and over all, xbox is only shooters =
    well look at it this way.... least i didnt spend any money for the console. so basicly it was like him giving it to me for 15 minutes of work. work that seemed effortlessly and spent mostly watching the files install on the wii system.

e39
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micwrecka View Post
    THE DAMN THING WORKS!!!!
    WOW! What a good break. Well, congrats on the sweet pickup.

I strongly suggest picking up one of these:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Air-Cooler/dp/B0014A0316/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230623730&s r=8-6]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Air Cooler: Video Games[/ame]

It has to be this power design too. The coolers that piggy-back off of the 360's power source are quite harmful to the system. This one features a separate adapter, so no worries. It pushes so much air out of the system too.

Quote Originally Posted by micwrecka View Post
    now i can get games that arent availible on my beloved wii like civilization and capcom vs marvel super heroes game
    Fighting games on the 360 suck so badly. It's not that they're bad, it's the controller's D-Pad. It's piss poor because it only registers 4 directions, nothing between.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Thanks
    yeah i used to have a 360 but i sold it. i also had one of those coolers on my 360 and it did wonders. i had always read about the horrors of overheating consoles so i didnt wanna risk it and picked up a $20 cooler.

damn... now i wonder how i can scam to get a ps3 now? lol yeah right, no one would ever be so crazy.

Banned
    Thanks
    I would do this deal, since hacking a Wii takes no time what so ever. Also buying that stuff for a 360 would be like getting a free car, and having to buy like gas and whatnot. Not a bad deal lol

Thanks
    I wish I got lucky breaks like that! Did you even install a chip?

Banned
    Thanks
    Nope he makes it sound like he just installed the homebrew channel lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast