Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xbox mods ....... Bad review by customer

Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts

xbox mods ....... Bad review by customer

Here is a total screw job by West Coast Modders.

My Xbox 360 has had E74 problems for a while now and I took it over to West Coast Modders on Wednesday. I called them on Friday to see how it was doing and they told me to call back on Sunday. I called them back on Sunday asking them if they have fixed it and they told me no. He then told me that he heard of another way to fix the issue is was to stick the 360 in a toaster oven cause "apparantly" he heard that it could possibly fix it. He told me to call him back in 15 minutes to see if it worked. I called him back and asked him if anything had changed and he told me that the 360 now has a red light on the power brick. He told me to come pick it up cause the only way he could possible fix it was to reflow the GPU and that would cost as much as a new 360. So i went and picked it up last night (Monday). I told him that I was going to throw it on Craigslist for sale so he put it all back together again without the Dvd drive plate on it as well as the piece that goes on infront of the power button.

Now here is the real kicker. I opened it up this morning to put on the Dvd drive plate as well as the plate that goes on infront of the power button. Low and behold I looked at the Dvd drive and it was a Lite-on drive. The drive I took in there was a firmware flashed Hitachi drive. That is screw job number 1. Here is number 2. I called the guy up and told him what was up with that and he told me that it didn't matter. Meanwhile my ad was Craigslist and I distinctly told him it was. I then told him that I would be coming over shortly to have this matter resolved. I wasted $2.50 getting out there on transit only to find out he wasn't home after telling me he would be. His mom answered the door hardly knowing a word of english. I asked her if he was home and she didn't respond. She asked me if the Dvd Drive that was on the floor was mine and I said yes. I looked at the Dvd drive and I think it was mine. Where the serial number for the dvd drive should be was black felt marker covering up something and beside it was -E. Here is something that needs to be done to mod a Lite-on drive. You need to spoof the dvd drive with another Dvd drive in order to flash it. In other words you can put another Dvd drive it its place of the Lite-on. He was going to use my Dvd drive to swap with someone elses.

Now I'm starting to think that the 360 board he gave me on Monday wasn't even mine as well. One screw job after another.

Here is something that happened while I was at his place on Monday picking my 360 up. Now this totally blows my mind.

His friend comes in and asks him for 2 360's and that he needs a modded one. He then told him that a lady hasn't been by for a week so he can take hers. Now honestly would you want people like this touching your 360? His friend then asked him for another one and he says that another one is repaired and for him to take that one. 2 Xbox 360's that aren't even theres going out of his door to his friends place. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO THIS? He told his friend that if they call that he needs to return them.

To top it all off I tried turning on my 360 after i got home from his place today and there is no power now. Nice red light on the power brick. I can't even sell this now so I have lost so much to them already. Done make the same mistakes people.

This situation needs to be resolved ASAP. I know where you live and you are under the age of 19 think about it.

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this matter you can reach me at ########### or if Westcoastmodders wants to resolve this they can reach me at the same address.
    Last edited by ModderMan; 11-25-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Thanks
    I had a guy try to do that to me with my PS2 a few years back. Simple fix...i gave him a beat down that he will never forget....oh and i got my PS2 back along with a few "extras" before i left his house...

Thanks

i can buy it

if u can get ahold of him ill buy it i good with 360 that is where i came from

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    Here is a total screw job by West Coast Modders.

My Xbox 360 has had E74 problems for a while now and I took it over to West Coast Modders on Wednesday. I called them on Friday to see how it was doing and they told me to call back on Sunday. I called them back on Sunday asking them if they have fixed it and they told me no. He then told me that he heard of another way to fix the issue is was to stick the 360 in a toaster oven cause "apparantly" he heard that it could possibly fix it. He told me to call him back in 15 minutes to see if it worked. I called him back and asked him if anything had changed and he told me that the 360 now has a red light on the power brick. He told me to come pick it up cause the only way he could possible fix it was to reflow the GPU and that would cost as much as a new 360. So i went and picked it up last night (Monday). I told him that I was going to throw it on Craigslist for sale so he put it all back together again without the Dvd drive plate on it as well as the piece that goes on infront of the power button.

Now here is the real kicker. I opened it up this morning to put on the Dvd drive plate as well as the plate that goes on infront of the power button. Low and behold I looked at the Dvd drive and it was a Lite-on drive. The drive I took in there was a firmware flashed Hitachi drive. That is screw job number 1. Here is number 2. I called the guy up and told him what was up with that and he told me that it didn't matter. Meanwhile my ad was Craigslist and I distinctly told him it was. I then told him that I would be coming over shortly to have this matter resolved. I wasted $2.50 getting out there on transit only to find out he wasn't home after telling me he would be. His mom answered the door hardly knowing a word of english. I asked her if he was home and she didn't respond. She asked me if the Dvd Drive that was on the floor was mine and I said yes. I looked at the Dvd drive and I think it was mine. Where the serial number for the dvd drive should be was black felt marker covering up something and beside it was -E. Here is something that needs to be done to mod a Lite-on drive. You need to spoof the dvd drive with another Dvd drive in order to flash it. In other words you can put another Dvd drive it its place of the Lite-on. He was going to use my Dvd drive to swap with someone elses.

Now I'm starting to think that the 360 board he gave me on Monday wasn't even mine as well. One screw job after another.

Here is something that happened while I was at his place on Monday picking my 360 up. Now this totally blows my mind.

His friend comes in and asks him for 2 360's and that he needs a modded one. He then told him that a lady hasn't been by for a week so he can take hers. Now honestly would you want people like this touching your 360? His friend then asked him for another one and he says that another one is repaired and for him to take that one. 2 Xbox 360's that aren't even theres going out of his door to his friends place. WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO THIS? He told his friend that if they call that he needs to return them.

To top it all off I tried turning on my 360 after i got home from his place today and there is no power now. Nice red light on the power brick. I can't even sell this now so I have lost so much to them already. Done make the same mistakes people.

This situation needs to be resolved ASAP. I know where you live and you are under the age of 19 think about it.

If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding this matter you can reach me at ########### or if Westcoastmodders wants to resolve this they can reach me at the same address.
    its rough stuff like this that give good genuine modders(like me) a bad name.

I have NEVER done anything even like this EVER.

Cheers
    Mick
    --==MicksXboxMods Australia==--
    Professional Xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2 console modding and repairs.
    18 years trade experience
    micksxboxmods.com/store

Thanks
    That is ridiculous, I don't trust anyone with my hardware for that reason. I'd rather spend some time researching how to mod a system then have some jerk pull one over on me.

Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
    That is ridiculous, I don't trust anyone with my hardware for that reason. I'd rather spend some time researching how to mod a system then have some jerk pull one over on me.
    think about others though

like the parent who wants to give their kid a great system, i doubt many others would learn to solder to make their kids gift the best! so its good for people to be atleast honest

Thanks
    iv been modding for a year now and i have been in same bad times BUT! i would never do that my ferst xbox ended badly but u lern and u PAY FOR IT!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    think about others though

like the parent who wants to give their kid a great system, i doubt many others would learn to solder to make their kids gift the best! so its good for people to be atleast honest
    I agree, in a perfect world these ppl would be honest. Unfortunately, Your a mark to them. Someone they can get one over on. I'm learning to mod for the fun of it, because I like to tinker with things. Not to make money, or dupe you out of yours.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
    it just means you have to find out who the 'real' ones are. With over 18 years trade experience and practice, and a registered business. It kinda speaks for itself..........

Cheers
    Mick
    --==MicksXboxMods Australia==--
    Professional Xbox360, Wii, PSP, PS2 console modding and repairs.
    18 years trade experience
    micksxboxmods.com/store

Thanks
    thats kinda brutal story

molest my game system?
    steal my parts?
    lie to me?

id kick the little jerks nerdy ass
    then steal one of the "loaner" systems his friend was pickn up

this is a good reason to start learning to do this kind of stuff for yourself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast